• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rbcp

rbcp

SUP3R 31337

• Moderating Team
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

I've been memorizing area codes for most of my life now. I recently decided that that's not weird enough, so I created this area code flash card game to help other people learn all of their area codes.

You can either play it as a game, where you get right or wrong answers and it keeps track of your score, or you can just quickly scroll through the cards and view the different area codes.

The one thing that's taking me a really long time to do is complete my database of area code information. So far I've only completed the area codes in the 200's, and I need to keep going until I reach 989. If anyone here wants to help, they can by giving me completed lines of info for my flat-file database. You can take a look at the database to see how things are formatted. Here is a sample line from it:

207|ME|Portland, Maine|This area covers the entire state of Maine and probably always will since the state's population is less than a dozen.

I'd like to keep things about the area codes accurate, but you can see that I'm not against throwing in random weird things in there too. Just a line or two, and try not to make it too long or it'll make the answer card stretch out. Just grab as many lines as you can out of the database, complete them, then either email them to me (rbcp@phonelosers.org) or PM them or post them in this thread. Wikipedia is a good source for getting trivia about area codes.

Hope you all enjoy the cards, and thanks for any help you can give me with the database!

#2 Afterm4th

Afterm4th

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

778|BC|British Columbia,Canada|778 now serves all of BC Canada due to too many existing numbers on the 250 area code

Edited by Afterm4th, 14 March 2012 - 11:49 PM.

#3 5imp7y

5imp7y

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 507 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

HAHA thats cool!! The banner has 610 area code. Greater Philly area? I grew up with a 610 215 and 484

#4 Rift

Rift

n00bie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

805|CA| San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura, and Southern Monterey Counties, California.

#5 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

areacode.org

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!