#1 college

college

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

Hi all,

I'm new on this forum and seeking some advice:

Recently, I have had a forum set up to libel me. There is plenty on the open forum, but, I am told, far more in the "private" section. I cannot get into this private section as it is "by invitation" only. Can anyone help me with this? I need to get into the private section and copy the info there or have someone help me do that before I can go to my lawyers. I do not want to add anything to this section, delete anything or change anything. All I need to do is get a copy of this whole section.

I don't believe I am allowed to post the forum name here, but would be happy to pm or e-mail to anyone who can help.

Look forward to your answers.

G.

#2 serrath

serrath

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

Suits for libel on online forums do not work, I'd advise against pursuing this. That said, what you're asking is illegal and no one here is going to assist you in committing a crime.

#3 college

college

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:13 AM

Suits for libel on online forums do not work, I'd advise against pursuing this. That said, what you're asking is illegal and no one here is going to assist you in committing a crime.

Hi Serrath,

Thank you for your answer.

If this course of action is illegal, can you suggest a method whereby it can be done legally?

Regards, George.

#4 serrath

serrath

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:24 AM

I would talk to a lawyer; the only way to legally access this information is with a warrant or subpoena. (Assuming the owners don't elect to give you or a friend access.)

I'm just going to emphasize again, lawsuits for libel against an internet forum or its users do not work.

#5 Afterm4th

Afterm4th

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:39 AM

I would talk to a lawyer; the only way to legally access this information is with a warrant or subpoena. (Assuming the owners don't elect to give you or a friend access.)

I'm just going to emphasize again, lawsuits for libel against an internet forum or its users do not work.

Im going to agree with serrath. You may not be able to sue them, but by getting a lawyer you might be able to get the content removed from the site.

#6 serrath

serrath

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:02 AM

by getting a lawyer you might be able to get the content removed from the site.

Bingo. This would be the way to go. Also, I'm almost positive that nothing said in a private forum can be considered libel.

#7 college

college

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:33 AM

by getting a lawyer you might be able to get the content removed from the site.

Bingo. This would be the way to go. Also, I'm almost positive that nothing said in a private forum can be considered libel.

Thanks serrath and afterm4th,

I am talking to lawyers in the UK and rexxfield in the US - but it's a question of raising the money to use them. If you look at rexxfield.com, you will see that they can get subpoenas private site or not and also arrange libel suits private site or not. Despite the money question, I'll just have to raise a loan as there are plenty of other nasty things happening to me here that I won't discuss openly, but almost saw me killed a month ago.

Thanks again for your answers.

Regards, G.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!