• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:30 AM

youd want to wait after steralizing to make sure its dry so nothing funny happens with the chemicals/ its all evaporated so it wont mess with the thermal conductivity when you apply the paste. it shouldnt go to much above like 55c if its stock

Thanks for the help!!!
I re did the thermal compound and was very clean about it. Here id my new screen shot ( i also turned my cpu cooler fan speed up a smidge).

That good??

That looks a lot better, seems like the normal temps now.

Mine varies in the 20s-30s depending on room temperature and what services are running in the background. Running a i5 2500k by the way.

Edited by Powermaniac7, 20 March 2012 - 04:30 AM.

#22 5imp7y

5imp7y

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 507 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

I assumed it was something from your monitoring tool assuming the tool wasn't installed with your chipset driver. But yeah, there's def. gonna be a BIOS setting for max CPU temp before warning (mobo beep) and shutdown (cold shutdown, not signal to OS), I'd set the shutdown temp no higher than 80C.

Found a tut for it. I adjusted it both in my bois and core temp(set core temp to shut down at 81C.)
Thanks for the pointers. I put some strain on my processor today, i ran BF3 maxxed. The cpu hit a max for 61 (when the game was starting up) and idled in game around 47-53. I feel like this is stock cooler range, but as long as im in safe range and productive range, i dont mind.

#23 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

I assumed it was something from your monitoring tool assuming the tool wasn't installed with your chipset driver. But yeah, there's def. gonna be a BIOS setting for max CPU temp before warning (mobo beep) and shutdown (cold shutdown, not signal to OS), I'd set the shutdown temp no higher than 80C.

Found a tut for it. I adjusted it both in my bois and core temp(set core temp to shut down at 81C.)
Thanks for the pointers. I put some strain on my processor today, i ran BF3 maxxed. The cpu hit a max for 61 (when the game was starting up) and idled in game around 47-53. I feel like this is stock cooler range, but as long as im in safe range and productive range, i dont mind.

If you want a good stress tester go download Prime95.

Stable version available here.

Some explanations on the different tests you can run and what they do.

There are a couple other stress testers but they have left my mind at the moment. If I think of them will post back here.

#24 dinscurge

dinscurge

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Members
  • 935 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

yep looks good

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!