Photo
- - - - -

Has everyone been down repped or is it just me?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:01 AM

Hi all,

Been busy for a while and was distracted by other facets of life. Signed in today was reading some of the posts to see if anything major or interesting has happened and not much has changed as I expected (no offence). So it seems no harm there in being temporarily gone.

Now as I was reading some of the posts and a reply to my "Everything is Assumed" thread I noticed I had been down rep to -6 so I checked the Binary Revolution forum index page where it has a list of where you were down repped and which it was in like each thread over a long past with no replies as to why...I in some ways don't care but was wondering has another spam bot got lose or some dumb-ass, or did I make a thread that offended some community and they say it and one of them joined and down repped me for that. Anyway I was also wondering if this had happened to anyone else as well.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

#2 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

Okay WTF, perfect example directly above. This one had a comment though it being "whining about his rep," I was commenting on the fact some dickhead is going around down repping every thread I've made. Oh well, might as well change my signature to having something about asking to be down repped and see what happens from there =P...

Now there is another comment -.- "haha.. I'll go through and re-rep you when ..."

Too bad it doesn't tell you who is up/down repping you, I wonder if StankDawg has that information because this is ticking me off that someone isn't leaving a reason.

Edited by Powermaniac7, 11 February 2012 - 07:51 PM.

#3 serrath

serrath

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:48 AM

Oh. I hadn't noticed the buttons to rep folks before. Don't think too much of it, it's a number on an internet forum.

#4 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

Oh. I hadn't noticed the buttons to rep folks before. Don't think too much of it, it's a number on an internet forum.

yea it looks like i got hit with a bunch of negative rep as well...
not really sure why... the person also did not comment on why they gave me the neg rep...

probably should not be permitted to rep someone until you have a certain post count, as i do not think someone who usually is on here would just go around giving people neg rep...

#5 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:57 AM

"boo fucking hoo. deal with your rep like a man"

If you're are so manly say openly who you are. Hmm, go on, are you scared of something?

Yeah a post count limit needs to be implemented or something to stop spammers and twits from going around fucking shit up for the sake of it.

Yes it is just a number on an internet forum but one that isn't normally abused by spammers, idiots, and others of the like.

not really sure why... the person also did not comment on why they gave me the neg rep...

Will up rep you to fix things out.

#6 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

If you're are so manly say openly who you are. Hmm, go on, are you scared of something?

Yeah a post count limit needs to be implemented or something to stop spammers and twits from going around fucking shit up for the sake of it.

Yes it is just a number on an internet forum but one that isn't normally abused by spammers, idiots, and others of the like.

I upped you one as well earlier, but i think that people trading up reps to try to equalize the damage caused by someone who is either bored, or just an asshole who goes around down repping just as equally takes away from the effectiveness of the rep system. and up or down rep is not one that i usually give out easily, and seeing the low numbers of most other people on this forum i do not think that others go around repping people with out feeling strongly towards or against the post that they are repping, so up until this point the rep system did have some meaning on this form IMO where i could get an idea on where someone stands within ideas and opinions of the binrev community as a whole based on their rep numbers... but now if someone is just gaming the system to down rep as may posts or users as possible and people are then trying to up rep people to compensate for neg rep that someone else gave, it all becomes a game, and the rep system becomes totally useless...

#7 resistor X

resistor X

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

I got down repped one.

Weird.

#8 5imp7y

5imp7y

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 507 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

This rep you speak of.... Are there negatives from bad rep?

#9 serrath

serrath

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

People will shake their heads at you. Enough bad rep and they'll do a double-take when they notice, and then shake their heads at you.

#10 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:17 AM

I upped you one as well earlier, but i think that people trading up reps to try to equalize the damage caused by someone who is either bored, or just an asshole who goes around down repping just as equally takes away from the effectiveness of the rep system. and up or down rep is not one that i usually give out easily, and seeing the low numbers of most other people on this forum i do not think that others go around repping people with out feeling strongly towards or against the post that they are repping, so up until this point the rep system did have some meaning on this form IMO where i could get an idea on where someone stands within ideas and opinions of the binrev community as a whole based on their rep numbers... but now if someone is just gaming the system to down rep as may posts or users as possible and people are then trying to up rep people to compensate for neg rep that someone else gave, it all becomes a game, and the rep system becomes totally useless...

Exactly it ruins the purpose of the rep system, making it pointless, before it has some meaning and was somewhat trustworthy.

I got down repped one.

Weird.

I have a suspicion on who it might be, and also that it isn't who I think it is but they just find it amusing.

Not yet just ruins a system that worked well in the past, otherwise we might as well all down rep each other as much as possible and make the system entirely pointless. See what Stankdawg thinks of that when his forum is completely fucked over.

People will shake their heads at you. Enough bad rep and they'll do a double-take when they notice, and then shake their heads at you.

Obviously you don't understand it actually had some purpose to it and has been used and has fulfilled its purpose for a very long time. No one as far as I remember fucked with it in the past because "oh that sounds like a fun thing to do".

Oh well always find people who like causing chaos and problems. Even if it is not really worth the time or effort.

And thanks guys for the positive rep you can stop there ha.

#11 Swerve

Swerve

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

Check this thread out, everyone got hit:

http://www.binrev.co...985#entry354985

IMO the vBulletin rep system is better as you have to rep a few people before you can rep the same person again. Plus it automatically shows who left you rep, commented or not.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!