I know that everything is crackable and everything is not 100% secure or forever anonymous, but as dark times are coming with new Laws, we need good information and fight united. Information is power.
A lot of sites are in danger of being closed, from simple forums to big file servers, thats why I would like to know your opinion about the best possible techniques of setting up an Anonymous Server, and share it with all of us to be prepared for the future.
I have seen very interesting and good articles, many of them from Irongeek (thanks). I know its a hard topic and a lot more complicated than reading tutorials, but we the non security experts, need your help in order to setup anonymous information in the net which could not be taken down easily with just a simple dns block, domain block, ISP block..
I would like to expand this topic having in mind important and hard subjects such as the following, and expand it with a lot more:
1. How to setup an Anonymous & Hidden Web Server. Best Techniques to setup an online Anonymous Hidden Web Server.
2. Hardware and Software. Best Anonymous Hardware options. External Hosting Setup Options. Best Operative System Options.
3. Speed of an Anonymous & Hidden Web Server. Setting it with the best possible speed.
4. Stimated Cost of an Anonymous & Hidden Web Server. Best possible options and Anonymous Payment Methods.
5. Example: Best techniques to setup a totally Anonymous Forum.
6. Example: Best techniques to setup a totally Anonymous File Server.
7. Blocking techniques, what they can easily take down/block and what they wont be able to.
8. Things to Never do while Creating and Managing an Anonymous Server. How to do it right without being exposed, hide all your tracks from the beggining.
9. Information Reference: Articles, books, information, forums, others..
This could be an awesome thread where we will show that our freedom and power cannot be stopped. It will be really awesome if we could create a Reference Manual for all of us and for new Web Masters. Feel free to post your comments, advices, books or anything you consider essential to know. Credits for all of you who share your knowlegde.
Thanks a lot
Introduction and essential info:
General Network Security:
Cipherspace / Darknets: Anonymizing Networks:
Introduction to Tor:
Getting started with the I2P Darknet:
Installing the I2P darknet software in Linux:
Setting up hidden Services:
Setting Up Hidden Services in Tor:
Hosting Hidden Services in I2P: eepSites and SSH:
Attacking and Getting Info of Anonymous Servers:
Cipherspace / Darknets Weakness, Overview of Attack Strategies:
Locating I2P Services Via Leaks on the Application Layer:
Darknets and hidden servers: Identifying the true IP/network identity of I2P service hosts:
Building a remote cheap host:
Decentralized Private Medium Size Network:
Edited by xtrm, 27 January 2012 - 04:38 AM.