Photo
- - - - -

Need to recover some deleted text messages off my phone.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Swerve

Swerve

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

'Sup Binrev'rs

Need some help. I have a Samsung G600 mobile/cell phone and I deleted a load of text messages off the phone a few weeks back.

The phone holds 50 texts on the sim card, and 150 in the phone. Now I need to recover these text messages for a court case. I've tried connecting the phone to my Ubuntu PC via the USB cable, and when I show hidden files, I can recover deleted pictures, but the text messages are no where to be seen.

I really need to recover these, and so am hoping some of your guys could point me in the right direction on how to get them back. I could really do with the date/time the messages where sent/received to, but beggars can't be choosers and all that.

Newbie to all this, looking around suggests I need a sim card reader, which I don't have, but will get one if it's needed.

Any ideas at all? Would really appreciate any advice.

Thank you.

Edited by Swerve, 17 January 2012 - 01:26 PM.

#2 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

if it is for a court case you could try to have your lawyer sent a subpoena to the carrier to try to obtain any cache or records of those text messages that might still reside on their servers... the sooner you do this the better chance that you have at them at least preserving any remaining data on their servers until the order is approved... as for pulling it from the phone, not too sure..

you could try looking around for some mobile phone forensic software..

#3 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

if it is for a court case you could try to have your lawyer sent a subpoena to the carrier to try to obtain any cache or records of those text messages that might still reside on their servers... the sooner you do this the better chance that you have at them at least preserving any remaining data on their servers until the order is approved... as for pulling it from the phone, not too sure..

you could try looking around for some mobile phone forensic software..

This will be the only way to recover the sms data. If it's been removed from the handset and or sim. If you deleted the sms data and got more sms after they will be removed. This is one reason I use google voice. Even if I delete them I still have a chance to get them back. I also don't have limits on my sms as you do. If you don't mind me asking who is your provider?

I have a serial sim card reader I'll post some info I can pull from some older sims cards I have.

#4 Swerve

Swerve

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

Thanks guys. It's with 02 which is a UK based company.

I doubt I'll be able to get a subpoena though, I'll check this out though.

Appreciated.

#5 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

Swerve is back...Seems temporary though =(. Haven't seen that name for what 2-3 years now.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!