• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 systems_glitch

systems_glitch

Dangerous free thinker

• Moderating Team
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

I need to hold a meeting between several people. Being as how one of them does not have any form of Internet access and several others would be opposed to Skype anyway, I thought a voice bridge might be the most effective solution. Is anyone here still running any conf bridges, or know of anyone offering the service for cheap/free?

#2 Afterm4th

Afterm4th

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

I need to hold a meeting between several people. Being as how one of them does not have any form of Internet access and several others would be opposed to Skype anyway, I thought a voice bridge might be the most effective solution. Is anyone here still running any conf bridges, or know of anyone offering the service for cheap/free?

dont think it will be too easy to find a free conf bridge (legally) for free.

why not try tinychat?

Edited by Afterm4th, 06 January 2012 - 08:32 PM.

#3 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:24 PM

979-847-9188. Enjoy.

#4 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

979-847-9188. Enjoy.

magicjack and nettalk both have free conference services http://blog.nyphonej...ce-calling.html not sure of any others right now...

#5 Digital_Avatar

Digital_Avatar

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:42 AM

Speaking of conferences... does anybody know what's up with the SoCal? I used to call it once every couple of months to shoot the shit and/or bug Tr0n, but I guess as of a couple of months ago there's now a prompt for a password ... and worse, if you don't enter the correct pin you get dumped to the fucking mexican doorbell line. That's just fucked up.

#6 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:03 AM

It's been like that for a good while, at least a year now. Do you want a few more bridge numbers? I'd love to get a good meetingplace running again.

#7 Digital_Avatar

Digital_Avatar

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

It's been like that for a good while, at least a year now. Do you want a few more bridge numbers? I'd love to get a good meetingplace running again.

Yeah, lets do it... but do the world a favor and just post one. If folks want to gather round in the evenings and shoot the shit we shouldn't make it harder for them by directing them to a whole list of bridges. Pick a number and a time and I'll be there.

PS ... nobody tell tr0n.

#8 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:37 AM

Yeah, lets do it... but do the world a favor and just post one. If folks want to gather round in the evenings and shoot the shit we shouldn't make it harder for them by directing them to a whole list of bridges.

Indeedy. Worked for the Socal, right?

Personally, I think we should use 812-462-9297. It holds at least a T1's worth, so capacity isn't a problem, and it has a feature that lets you drop the last caller if everyone else hangs up. It's a last resort, but it's come in handy whenever there's a problem.

So how do you want to go about doing this? Is there a regular time/day you want to try and get people on?

#9 Digital_Avatar

Digital_Avatar

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

Yeah, lets do it... but do the world a favor and just post one. If folks want to gather round in the evenings and shoot the shit we shouldn't make it harder for them by directing them to a whole list of bridges.

Indeedy. Worked for the Socal, right?

Personally, I think we should use 812-462-9297. It holds at least a T1's worth, so capacity isn't a problem, and it has a feature that lets you drop the last caller if everyone else hangs up. It's a last resort, but it's come in handy whenever there's a problem.

So how do you want to go about doing this? Is there a regular time/day you want to try and get people on?

Yeah, just off the top of my head I'd say we should shoot for Fridays starting at 5pm PST. Everyone's coming off work, the weekend's ahead, etc.
And yeah, the 812 should work fine.

#10 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

I won't be able to stay on for longer than an hour and a half at that time, but it'll work for me otherwise. Anybody else have a schedule you'll have to work around?

#11 Digital_Avatar

Digital_Avatar

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

I won't be able to stay on for longer than an hour and a half at that time, but it'll work for me otherwise. Anybody else have a schedule you'll have to work around?

Oops. I came in way late. Guess we'll have to try again next Friday...when I definitely will NOT be spending most of my day running back and forth to and from the hospital.

#12 Beave

Beave

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 350 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

Telephreak.org is still around and has been running free confs for years

#13 Digital_Avatar

Digital_Avatar

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:56 PM

Telephreak.org is still around and has been running free confs for years

The problem with Telephreak is that frequently you'll call in and it'll say there are N number of people in the conference -- but nobody's there. I don't know if that's an issue with Asterisk or if people are simply idling there...but it isn't exactly conducive to conversation.

#14 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

Either way, it's been ages since there's been a good conf on this forum. I'll feel a little disappointed if we can't get things going :) .

#15 Digital_Avatar

Digital_Avatar

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

Either way, it's been ages since there's been a good conf on this forum. I'll feel a little disappointed if we can't get things going :) .

Well, it would help if we could all show up when we say we will. :) Let's try Telephreak, Fridays at 5pm ... we'll see how that goes.

Also: Doug really needs to release Default Radio #44 already.

#16 chronomex

chronomex

mad 1337

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:43 AM

Well, it would help if we could all show up when we say we will. :) Let's try Telephreak, Fridays at 5pm ... we'll see how that goes.

Confs are good. If I'm available I might even join in. What time zone do you have in mind?

#17 Digital_Avatar

Digital_Avatar

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

Confs are good. If I'm available I might even join in. What time zone do you have in mind?

Oops. Should've specified I meant PST.

#18 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

I dropped in about ten minutes late. Did everybody already hang up?

#19 Beave

Beave

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 350 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

That's the problem with conference. It seems to me that when people call in, if they don't immediately hear someone, they hang up! You're best bet is to hang around for 10 minutes and wait for someone to join. It remind me of IRC.. someone comes into a #channel, asks a question. They wait 30 seconds, then leave the channel because "nobody" answered. :)

#20 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

I remember that was a problem on the Stromference as well. My guess is this is why all the $100,000,000/minute conference services put a good deal of thought into hold music.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!