Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

only for the next 7 hours!

#2 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:03 AM

That link is now broken it directs me to a sale on remote control helicopters...That are widely available over the net and in shops here in Australia.

#3 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:58 AM

That link is now broken it directs me to a sale on remote control helicopters...That are widely available over the net and in shops here in Australia.

They probably sold out. The cheapest I've seen them for is 26: http://www.google.co...ved=0CFoQ8wIwBA

There is a cheaper version with the rtl8187se chipset. That chipset will not inject worth crap. There is quite a bit of difference between a realtek 8187se and 8187 chipset. Does Australia even use US certified RF standards? :-/

#4 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:17 AM

...I am not sure whether they use US certified RF (radio frequencies?) standards. We quite often have are own standards here which are sometimes similar to the US standards. We do use wireless 802.11g/b and whatever else here though I am using it right now to post this message.
For learning purposes what would you use this for and what do you mean by injectable?
I understand you can use a wireless adapter or router as they are called for sniffing out other wireless networks in the area and then receiving packets from that wireless connection to have a program such as aircrack decrypt/workout the password to that wireless network, is that all you would use it for?

Oh along with using that information to wreak havoc and crash the system etc. etc.

#5 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

...I am not sure whether they use US certified RF (radio frequencies?) standards. We quite often have are own standards here which are sometimes similar to the US standards. We do use wireless 802.11g/b and whatever else here though I am using it right now to post this message.
For learning purposes what would you use this for and what do you mean by injectable?
I understand you can use a wireless adapter or router as they are called for sniffing out other wireless networks in the area and then receiving packets from that wireless connection to have a program such as aircrack decrypt/workout the password to that wireless network, is that all you would use it for?

Oh along with using that information to wreak havoc and crash the system etc. etc.

i was confused by the injectable label as well.. perhaps he means that it can be placed in promiscuous mode?

#6 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

i was confused by the injectable label as well.. perhaps he means that it can be placed in promiscuous mode?

Certain chipsets have modified drivers that allow the adapter to reinject ARP packets and establish a wireless connection with an AP. It injects 802.11 AUTH and ARP packets.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!