9 replies to this topic

#1 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:55 AM

Hey all,

Was just going through the android market placee as I realised there might be a app that does programming tutorials. I came across this app as I searched tutorials called Hackers Handbook developd by Black Hatter which is flr sale at $7 or $8 not sure which. Anyway didn't buy it but it lists its recent updates and what was added. These additions included "how to crack WEP and WPA" along with how to hack facebook and school security.

It has me wondering how it is allowed to be for sale in the GOOGLE android market. I can't link to it because I am typing this on my phone... Anyway it looks like it contains some malicious content.

Thoughts?

#2 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:56 AM

It's hard to say without reading it. I mean my little cousin thinks adding ascii hearts and smiley faces is "hacking facebook".

#3 Afterm4th

Afterm4th

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

This looks like an app that is the equiv to an ebook. Save your money and download ebooks on the subjects you wish to learn about.

there's nothing malicious about text information.

#4 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:38 AM

Just the subject of some of the things such as hacking Facebook is not something this forum permits discussing because of it being illegal to do so. Thats why it came across as malicious in content.

#5 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:00 AM

Just the subject of some of the things such as hacking Facebook is not something this forum permits discussing because of it being illegal to do so. Thats why it came across as malicious in content.

This is not exactrly a true statement. You can DISCUSS hacking facebook or anything for that matter. What you cannot do is encourage/incite/hire someone directly to do it. You can discuss it all day long.
---
Examples:

GOOD:

I think facebook has a flaw in its xyw interface. It seems like it gives me different reults when i do this. Has anyone else seen similar results?

BAD:

I hacked facebook! Here are links to 5 sites that I defaced using it. You guys should do this too.

INSTABAN:

Help me hack my girlfriends facebook account. She has teh n00dz pix!

---

Hopefully that clears it up.

#6 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:11 AM

Haha thanks StankDawg yes it does.

Most people I imagine buying that app would be for using it to achieve illegal things such as stealing identities, using it to gain access to private information etc etc.

#7 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:25 AM

Haha thanks StankDawg yes it does.

Most people I imagine buying that app would be for using it to achieve illegal things such as stealing identities, using it to gain access to private information etc etc.

We can never assume intent. We can only address it if explicitly stated. I wish the court system also stayed with that mentality like they should.

#8 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:13 PM

True StankDawg, I sometimes make that mistake, doesn't help I new a lot of people my age that if given any information about ways to get around security they would use it for illegal purposes or breaking rules with the school they were attending. Whereas I was just interested in how well the system was locked down and seeing if there were any holes and whether they had left open a simple way to make oneself administrator through command prompt, not that there ever was.

Bias is constantly in peoples minds thanks to there experiences, too bad it can affect your life negatively.

#9 Afterm4th

Afterm4th

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:37 AM

also, hacking doesn't always mean something malicious. There may be facebook hacks that doesnt violate any of facebooks terms of service or break any laws.

#10 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:08 AM

Yes I know most forms of hacking that are malicious are usually black hat hacking forms or what some hackers call cracking not hacking.

Just most of the population of the world understand hacking to be doing something illegal thanks to news articles stating that hackers stole this information or shut down some site.

As I've read on this site to do with what hacking truly is and what cracking is etc. http://www.catb.org/...cker-howto.html

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!