• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jfalcon

jfalcon

Hakker addict

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 595 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

Anyone have recommendations on antennas? I have a city lot sized property with the house square in the middle. So roughlly 30'x50' in the front and back yards to play with. Don't really want to put a tower or flagpole up (will probably move once the market recovers in a few years) and am trying to avoid putting anything on my roof (am against drilling holes into a roof for fear of leaks).

Already have a pair of M2 Eggbeaters for satellite work that I still need to get the appropriate mounts for my roof eaves. Looking at a vertical somewhere on the yard since my ATAS-100 sucks ass being mounted to the house without a proper ground system which I'll probably install sometime after the first of the year.

Edited by jfalcon, 16 November 2011 - 01:43 PM.

#2 ticom

ticom

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Moderating Team
  • 420 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

What bands are you interested in working?

#3 jfalcon

jfalcon

Hakker addict

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 595 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

What bands are you interested in working?

Well HF is my goal at the moment. I went ahead and picked up a Gap Titan from another ham this weekend. When it's a couple more degrees warmer, I'll dig a hole in my backyard for a mounting pole and setup my groundplane.

But in general, I wouldn't mind discussing the subject for a moment. I live near an Airport and thusly have all kinds of comms in the air. I'd like to attach a Discone for the VHF/UHF scanner stuff, a high-gain VHF/UHF antenna mounted higher for 2m/70cm. The eggbeaters will suffice for now for satellite work until I build a az/el system for V/U/S/L bands. One area I have questions would be for Military/Commercial satellite listening and 2.4ghz stuff (since I have hotels near by that have wifi internet services for those times when one wants to be anonymous)... what are the best antennas for this work?

I wouldn't mind figuring out a good antenna/embedded computer for these too:
http://doodlelabs.co...band-dl435.html

Because along with a 3d printer, this is high on my list for the coming year.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!