• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 maximusmax

maximusmax

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:42 AM

My school recently upgraded their school laptops and I was lucky enough to be given an old one to keep. I need to know how to restore all the current settings without actually logging on because it is locked to the school network and only the administrator can use all the functions of the laptop.

Running Windows 7

Edited by maximusmax, 15 November 2011 - 01:42 AM.

#2 Afterm4th

Afterm4th

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:16 AM

My school recently upgraded their school laptops and I was lucky enough to be given an old one to keep. I need to know how to restore all the current settings without actually logging on because it is locked to the school network and only the administrator can use all the functions of the laptop.

Running Windows 7

Your request is very vague.

My guess is that the machine was once on a domain when it was at your school.

If you want to restore it back to the original settings you will need to re-install windows. Get an iso of win 7 and download all the needed drivers to a flash drive.

#3 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:42 AM

Your request comes across as questionable considering it is your first post ever on this forum.

Anyway as Afterm4th said the best way to give you administrative access is to restore the system using a Windows 7 install CD or obtain a Windows 7 iso and burn it to a disc. Keep in mind the administrator will realise if you have changed anything because of the fact the password and original administrator username will no longer exists or be changed.

#4 serrath

serrath

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:31 AM

If you purchased this computer through your town's school district or are using it with their permission, call in and set up an appointment for their IT to configure it properly. If you are not using this computer with the permission of the previous owner, it might be what some people consider "stolen".

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!