• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:43 PM

considering changing my number - too many people call me, i never answer their calls, i never check the voice mail...

changing the number would help eliminate all of the unwanted calls... BUT what about all of the calls from people that I want to get...

I was thinking whitelist with google voice.... i did not see any settings that allowed this - so i think this will require at least 3 numbers (2 of them being google voice numbers)

#1 google voice number that people already have (or my current cell phone # being forwarded to this GV number)
This GV number will be set with callers in a group of white listed people to ring thru to what ever number I choose.. callers not on the white list would be forwarded to phone #2

since GV can not forward to another GV number phone #2 would have to be a non-google number, its only purpose would be to take calls from GV#1 and either forward them to a real NIS # or if not allowed to then it should forward to GV#3 - the caller ID on GV#1 would have to show the number for GV#1 and GV#3 should treat all calls from GV#1 as spam and send them to the NIS recording...

if you can think of a simpler method to whitelist callers who already have my main google voice number, or cell phone number than to loop it around 2 or 3 times let me know...

I was considering setting GV#1 voice mail (for non-whitelisted callers) to something like ERROR#1, the voice mail on the #2 phone would be something like ERROR#2 (just so if something broke, I would know where to look)

I would then need to determine how to tell what whitelisted number was calling me on my old number(s) because they would all show as the GV#1 number - do not think turning call screening on would work, because callers not on the white list would be asked for their name, and would not reach the NIS recording... (unless I was able to turn call screening on ONLY for numbers in my call logs)

----------------------------------------------------

EDIT 11-10-11

so far nothing is working...

google voice -> cell phone -> NIS recording = call going to google voice voice mail (probably has to do with the call not supervising) dialing the cell # will go to the NIS number

google voice #1 (GV number as CID) -> cell phone -> google voice #2 that blocks the CID of GV#1 = voice mail for GV#1

google voice #1 -> phonebooth (set to ring GV#2 when called, showing phonebooth CID) -> gv#2 - voice mail for GV#1

so far all the ideas that I have had result in the call being dumped back into the voicemail for the first google voice #

any suggestions or ideas welcome - so far all I can come up with is have the OGM play the NIS recording - but that still gives the tone after the OGM and ability for caller to leave voicemail, instead of either repeating the NIS message, or disconnecting the caller.

Edited by nyphonejacks, 10 November 2011 - 09:02 PM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!