• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 resistor X

resistor X

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:34 AM

But where will I get updated NXX lists from? Ugg.

Edit: Forgot to add, "God damnit."

Maybe nanpa has one. I always used bellsmind and forgot if nanpa has it or not. I'll have to go looking. Just looked - they have nada. God damnit again.

Edited by resistor X, 28 September 2011 - 11:47 AM.

#2 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:22 PM

Maybe nanpa has one. I always used bellsmind and forgot if nanpa has it or not. I'll have to go looking. Just looked - they have nada. God damnit again.

i never really used bellsmind much.... you can get most of the info that was on there, in an easier to read format IMO at http://telcodata.us/

if nanpa.com has NXX assignments, or thousand block assignments on their site, i have yet to find it... but it is always good to get on their mailing list to get updates about shit....

#3 JmanA9

JmanA9

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:08 PM

I used Bellsmind to find unassigned and unassignable codes. I emailed ntheory about the site a few months ago and never got a response. I'd certainly like to see it return, and I offered to host it.

#4 resistor X

resistor X

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:53 PM

i never really used bellsmind much.... you can get most of the info that was on there, in an easier to read format IMO at http://telcodata.us/

if nanpa.com has NXX assignments, or thousand block assignments on their site, i have yet to find it... but it is always good to get on their mailing list to get updates about shit....

I get their updates too.

#5 resistor X

resistor X

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:56 PM

Jman-

That's what I was trying to do, get unassigned codes. What I had in mind was to scan them for anything useful-sometimes things are unassigned but are being used anyway by a telco.

I hope it comes back too.

Edited by resistor X, 30 September 2011 - 01:58 PM.

#6 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:43 PM

I tried emailing him about it a few months ago. No dice. I think for all intents and purposes, it's gone :( . I'm sad to see it go, there were a lot of good numbers on there, and the layout was great for looking up unassignable prefixes.

If anyone is in contact with him, it'd be great to get a backup of the site - or at least the database containing all the numbers.

I have a somewhat dated (2008) list of unassignable NXXes with descriptions from the LECs of their purpose if anyone wants it.

#7 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

:cough: Sorry, I'm brushing my dust off...

My Bell's Mind e-mail has been neglected. It didn't make it when I switched computers and I just now realized it. Looks like I have a few months of e-mail to sift through.

I would be willing to give it a go again. More than hosting what I'd really like is for someone to offer to write a nice front end for it. If there are any takers I'd be more than happy to supply the data.

#8 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

How appropriate do you think a VXML script would be for something like this? I think it could work for basic queries, but it could be a challenge to work scan listings into.

Do you think it's worth a shot? :)

#9 JmanA9

JmanA9

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

I've finally found it. Not as detailed as telcodata, but it's something you can be near-sure is valid.

http://www.nanpa.com...des_assign.html

#10 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

I've finally found it. Not as detailed as telcodata, but it's something you can be near-sure is valid.

nice find, but what a PITA to go thru unless you have something you can import those text files into..

#11 JmanA9

JmanA9

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

nice find, but what a PITA to go thru unless you have something you can import those text files into..

There's also excel spreadsheets on that webpage. From a quick glance, it looks like they contain the exact same data.

#12 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

The user-submitted listings on Bell's Mind are what's important, though. There's a ton of free sources for switch type/served exchange data.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!