• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Coder(365)

Coder(365)

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:13 PM

First things are first: Stank, lattera, random-moderator-who-I-don't-know: Feel free to move this to the 'Hacker Media' portion. I didn't bother putting this there due to the sheer amount of clutter caused by those automated posts.

Anyway...

I'm asking, on behalf of wget and bash users everywhere - can we PLEASE get the BRR episodes into a single, public, directory? I understand why they were tacked onto the forums. Hell, during the rebuild (If you're 15 and don't know what the hell I'm talking about when I say 'rebuild', just ignore that and keep reading) you guys started from pretty much the ground up. I also know these shows aren't in production any longer. That shouldn't matter.

"But.. but... but... you can just go over to Jason Scott and get them all!"

Wrong.

Jason only archived through episode 186 (at least, that he's made available for download). So, attempts to finally complete the collection go from something like...

$ for episode in $(seq 100 200); do wget http://binrev.com/brr/brr$episode.mp3; done

Instantly becomes an exercise in pulling teeth and frustration because it's a giant pain in the fucking dick to automate things when they're attached to a forum!

Sorry if I'm ranting, or if I piss off folks in the process. Really though, as a System Administrator, I pride myself on making things easier, not more difficult. I can remember a time when this discussion wouldn't have ever happened.

What changed?

#2 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:23 PM

Yeah, I tried uploading all of the shows to the new site design here but I had some gaps. I did not do a lot of season 3 or part of season 4 so I do not have all of the original recordings to rebuild from.

Even if I did, yes, they aren't all easy to pull from a directory like I used to do. I did put my 2 seasons (1 and 2) up on archive.org a long time ago but not 3 or 4 for the reasons explained above. To be honest, I am missing a few myself.

On a related note, this is low on my priority list, but I have been spending some time getting my personal collection organized and at some point in time, I will make it all available on a hacking archive site of some kind. I have already talked to Jason Scott about this.

So I wish I had a solution for you, but no one wants to do anything except sit and wait on me. I guess either someone else will step up or you will keep waiting on me. *shrug*

#3 serrath

serrath

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:56 PM

Sorry to interrupt: What's BRR?

#4 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:16 PM

Sorry to interrupt: What's BRR?

http://www.binrev.co...volution-radio/

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!