• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:42 PM

It's been over two years since anything was released.

#2 JmanA9

JmanA9

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:59 PM

I've emailed Mark twice in the past two years with messages for Evan, and neither Mark nor Evan got back to me. I hope nothing happened to Evan, but if it did, I doubt it would be widely known.

#3 ticom

ticom

• Moderating Team
  • 420 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:19 AM

Has anyone on the forum gone on a phone trip of their own recently?

#4 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:56 PM

I have in the past, but not recently. I really, really want to again, though. I've got some complications to sort out this summer (one amount many being Confcon), and that'll be the absolute determiner in whether or not I'll be able to do a phone trip.
If you're thinking of going on a phone trip, listen to Strom's old recordings for some pointers, and never, ever assume anything will be a certain way. I usually used to hit small places run by independent telcos, and the amount of strange behavior I heard even during normal calls was piling up faster than you'd expect.

Anywho, someone directed me to this earlier; http://twitter.com/#!/evandoorbell

I'm assuming it just means Evan has some things he doesn't want to talk about.

#5 Asterisk Phreak

Asterisk Phreak

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:51 PM

Evan Doorbell has an account on Twitter (evandoorbell). This post has been up for a while:

Let's face it, I'm in the middle of a nervous brea-, er, personal growth period! :) Hopefully production will resume soon. Thanks, everyone.
5 Apr 10

I did have Email contact with Mark about a year ago. Also, he is on Twitter (phonetrips) and tweets almost every day.

AsteriskPhreak

#6 dmine45

dmine45

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:37 PM

I know Evan personally and what he posted on his Twitter account is pretty much what he told me. Lots of stuff going on in his life that isn't exactly pleasant.

I hope he can overcome his deamons and get back to the phone trips, but only time will tell.

#7 dmine45

dmine45

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:38 PM

I did have Email contact with Mark about a year ago. Also, he is on Twitter (phonetrips) and tweets almost every day.

AsteriskPhreak

I think you're confusing Mark Cuccia with "Evan" (not his real name). Though Mark is a good friend of Evan, that is not Evan's real name. (I'm friends with both of them.)

#8 ticom

ticom

• Moderating Team
  • 420 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:55 PM

I have in the past, but not recently. I really, really want to again, though. I've got some complications to sort out this summer (one amount many being Confcon), and that'll be the absolute determiner in whether or not I'll be able to do a phone trip.
If you're thinking of going on a phone trip, listen to Strom's old recordings for some pointers, and never, ever assume anything will be a certain way. I usually used to hit small places run by independent telcos, and the amount of strange behavior I heard even during normal calls was piling up faster than you'd expect.

Anywho, someone directed me to this earlier; http://twitter.com/#!/evandoorbell

I'm assuming it just means Evan has some things he doesn't want to talk about.

I did one a few years back. There are a few places in SE NY that are not serviced by Verizon/NYTel. Maybe later this summer or fall I'll have to take a daytrip out that way again...

#9 JmanA9

JmanA9

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:57 PM

A few months ago, I made a short trip to Cambridge Springs, PA to play with a GTD5. There was one pay phone in the town, and it was pretty damn weird to be standing on the main street with the handset cradled against my chest. The majority of the recording is me playing with the Proctor Test Set, but I also placed some calls to 411, the operator, and tried dialing things that the switch, unfortunately, did not put through. It's pretty run-of-the mill:

#10 xhausted110

xhausted110

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

A few months ago, I made a short trip to Cambridge Springs, PA to play with a GTD5. There was one pay phone in the town, and it was pretty damn weird to be standing on the main street with the handset cradled against my chest. The majority of the recording is me playing with the Proctor Test Set, but I also placed some calls to 411, the operator, and tried dialing things that the switch, unfortunately, did not put through. It's pretty run-of-the mill:

the numbers that give you a busy or reorder do cut you off, you just have to wait until the busy or reorder goes away.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!