• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Raw

Raw

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:15 AM

Hi, I'm a journalist for a Belgian magazine. I'm writing about the phone hacking scandal in the UK. I'm trying to find out if it's possible to hack Belgian voice mails.

So far, I've managed to hack 1 mailbox through spoofing (I asked permission of the owner first). Unfortunately, I've had to use a commercial spoofing solution, and the technique doesn't work for the bigger telco's. I'm looking for people who can take me further into the theory & practice of voicemail hacking. Can anyone get me in contact with Belgian hackers? Anonymity is guaranteed (in Belgium, even by law: no officer of the law can force me to hand over any information pertaining to the identity of my sources).

DISCLOSURE: my aim is to hack a few voice mail boxes with permission from their owners. I will then detail the steps I went through in a magazine article. I will not use any hacks for nefarious purposes. Indeed, I will contact the TELCO's and warn them that their system is hackable.

Reply or send me a PM if you can help me. Thanks for your help.

#2 radio_phreak

radio_phreak

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:53 PM

I don't know about others and I most certainly do not speak for Binrev or Stankdawg but I can certainly speak for myself when I say I'd rather engage in self mutilation of my genitalia than help you. The main stream media are nothing but a bunch of vapid vultures circling a dying man waiting to come down and take a pick of it in the hope of getting fatter. Your experience with others may vary but my response is: No, fuck off.

Edited by radio_phreak, 12 July 2011 - 12:58 PM.

#3 Havoc

Havoc

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 923 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:21 AM

I second that. Phreaking community is not a rent-a-hack swamp.

#4 Afterm4th

Afterm4th

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:19 PM

Please Forgive the two users above me. They are jaded from years of journalists posting misleading fear mongering stories. The media has demonized hackers and the end result public fear and hacker jail time.

With that being said we might help you but we would require something out of you. Tell us what you're willing to donate to binrev and we can go from there (unless stank says otherwise). Oh, and we will need your full dox (real name, birth place, birthdate, place of residence, place of birth, mothers maiden name, high res facial scans and at least 3 points of contact... we already have all of this but we want to know if you're going to be honest). We require your dox because you are a journalist. Your industry has done almost nothing good for the h/p community. ever. So be honest with us please. Not being completely 100% transparent and honest with us would be a very hurtful insult.

We would also require the full scope of your article and who you work for.

If a donation is not possible, then some form of contribution is necessary. Please keep in mind that most people here will automatically hate you right away because of what you do and what your industry has done for us (all bad things).

The ball is in your court. Once all of this information is provided we MAY consider thinking about possibly teaching you something. Maybe.

Or stank might just ban you. Who knows. This is his forum so he makes the rules.

#5 Infinite51

Infinite51

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:40 AM

Please Forgive the two users above me. They are jaded from years of journalists posting misleading fear mongering stories. The media has demonized hackers and the end result public fear and hacker jail time.

With that being said we might help you but we would require something out of you. Tell us what you're willing to donate to binrev and we can go from there (unless stank says otherwise). Oh, and we will need your full dox (real name, birth place, birthdate, place of residence, place of birth, mothers maiden name, high res facial scans and at least 3 points of contact... we already have all of this but we want to know if you're going to be honest). We require your dox because you are a journalist. Your industry has done almost nothing good for the h/p community. ever. So be honest with us please. Not being completely 100% transparent and honest with us would be a very hurtful insult.

We would also require the full scope of your article and who you work for.

If a donation is not possible, then some form of contribution is necessary. Please keep in mind that most people here will automatically hate you right away because of what you do and what your industry has done for us (all bad things).

The ball is in your court. Once all of this information is provided we MAY consider thinking about possibly teaching you something. Maybe.

Or stank might just ban you. Who knows. This is his forum so he makes the rules.

+1 It is amazing what ineptitude I see out of the mainstream media, who want to sensationalize everything. Just look at shows like CSI or NCIS, oh yeah the government is able to reposition some low orbit satellites, umm yeah sure . Thought it does make for good TV :)

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!