• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BINREV SPYD3R

BINREV SPYD3R

I should go outside once in a while

• Members
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:49 PM

It seems incredible that we continue to be victimized by either the horrendous ineptitude or the endless malice of Verizon - but the evidence leaves no other conclusion.

http://www.2600.com/...w/article/12106

#2 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:31 PM

yet once again 2600 has a trouble with their internet service, and instead of understanding that troubles happen, the copper infrastructure is old and fucked - they blame that their ISP is intentionally damaging their connection, or dragging their heels in making the repairs.

makes for a great conspiracy story - perhaps you can get alex jones to write for your publication, as 2600 seems to live with the same paranoia as he does about everyone and everything...

as i have mentioned before when you had an outage -
1- it is not very professional to host a server in your office - you really should rent rack space at a co-location
2- if you continue to feel the need to host the server in your mothers basement, then at least get a multi-WAN router and a secondary internet provider.. with all of the money that 2600 saves by having the community submit articles, and not having to pay writers you should not find it difficult to come up with around $200 for a multi-WAN router, and the $30-40 per month for a cable modem as a back-up...

as an X-verizon tech i will tell you, i highly doubt that the techs are fuX0ring with your connection, nor do i believe that it is intentional that they showed and were not able to gain access... even if the trouble is in the underground, or block facilities, many techs will no access a job if there is no access to the NID. perhaps they tested the line in the basement terminal of your building and found that the trouble was going back towards the central office, but the terminal was a block terminal, and they needed access to the underground facilities, and were unable to gain access to that terminal - i know that if i encountered a trouble like this when i worked for them i would have just turned the job back as no access other, depending on my mood i may or may not have advised the customer of the situation but more than likely i would have just kept it moving...

as this appears to be a recurring trouble, it is obvious to me that there is a cable failure issue with the cabling feeding your internet connection - there is a lot of old cable out their.. so why you have not switched to FiOS, cable modem, or lightpath by now, at least for back up, is beyond me...

#3 Chaser

Chaser

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:24 AM

It does make for a healthy conversation hearing the story from a different angle as nyphonejacks did. I wonder if there is a way to get an answer to those issues that were just raised.

#4 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

It does make for a healthy conversation hearing the story from a different angle as nyphonejacks did. I wonder if there is a way to get an answer to those issues that were just raised.

well perhaps not here especially since i believe the OP to be just a BOT...
but if they check their mentions on twitter they will see that i tweeted something similar to them, because they are bitching about this on twitter as well...
this is my tweet:

@2600 why not get a multi-WAN router and a secondary internet provider - or is that too technical for you?

#5 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:16 PM

Confirmed: BINREV_SPYD3R is the name of the INTERNAL account that controls our automated posting. Yes, it is a bot, but it is run by us to pull content from assorted feeds, or from other parts of our own site. I created this account so that I can always know which post is from our approved bot.

Back on topic: Yes, 2600 gets to bit a bit paranoid at times...but not nearly as paranoid as that ultimate kook job Alex Jones. That guy is on another planet.

#6 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:46 PM

Confirmed: BINREV_SPYD3R is the name of the INTERNAL account that controls our automated posting. Yes, it is a bot, but it is run by us to pull content from assorted feeds, or from other parts of our own site. I created this account so that I can always know which post is from our approved bot.

Back on topic: Yes, 2600 gets to bit a bit paranoid at times...but not nearly as paranoid as that ultimate kook job Alex Jones. That guy is on another planet.

i know.. alex jones is beyond paranoid.. i only mentioned his name to bring some humor to the fact that they are being overly paranoid that every time they have a service outage is because someone at verizon is targeting them... seriously, if i felt that way about a company i would seek an alternative provider - it is not like years ago when the phone company had a monopoly, there ARE choices...

#7 sojourner

sojourner

H4x0r

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:07 PM

i know.. alex jones is beyond paranoid.. i only mentioned his name to bring some humor to the fact that they are being overly paranoid that every time they have a service outage is because someone at verizon is targeting them... seriously, if i felt that way about a company i would seek an alternative provider - it is not like years ago when the phone company had a monopoly, there ARE choices...

Alex Jones is a crooked genius preying on the insecurities of so many americans....he has been the #1 rated internet talk show for the longest time...you don't gain that popularity with paranoia. I admire some of his writers, but for the most part he over-hypes everything just to make a $buck$. Shame on him for over-hyping every doomsday scenario, but bravo to him for getting a lot of writers that actually provide very solid information.

#8 Infinite51

Infinite51

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:31 PM

What about that Jonathan Lee Riches... Now I think he filed 2 legitimate lawsuits. http://www.metro.co....lawsuits-claim. Come to think of it, He will probably file a lawsuit about this post.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!