• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 variant3.cpp

variant3.cpp

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:39 PM

I seem to have an issue with macchanger that I cannot resolve. I am using an Alfa '36 usb adapter with the RTL8187 chipset on BT5.

When I place wlan2 (my Alfa card) in monitor mode using airmon-ng, it makes a new interface "mon0". For some reason mon0 shows the real mac address an not the faked one that has been given to wlan2. To further complicate matters, I cannot change the mac for mon0.

What am I doing wrong, and how can I resolve this?

The commands I use are as follows:

airmon-ng (check interfaces)
airmon-ng stop wlan2
macchanger wlan2 or macchanger --mac-11:22:33:44:55:66 wlan2
airmon-ng start wlan2 (channel)
macchanger -s wlan2 (displays the faked mac)
macchnager -s mon0 (displays the real mac)

mon0 does not exist before I start wlan2 and cannot be changed afterwords because it is in use.

#2 serrath

serrath

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:49 PM

I seem to have an issue with macchanger that I cannot resolve. I am using an Alfa '36 usb adapter with the RTL8187 chipset on BT5.

When I place wlan2 (my Alfa card) in monitor mode using airmon-ng, it makes a new interface "mon0". For some reason mon0 shows the real mac address an not the faked one that has been given to wlan2. To further complicate matters, I cannot change the mac for mon0.

What am I doing wrong, and how can I resolve this?

The commands I use are as follows:

airmon-ng (check interfaces)
airmon-ng stop wlan2
macchanger wlan2 or macchanger --mac-11:22:33:44:55:66 wlan2
airmon-ng start wlan2 (channel)
macchanger -s wlan2 (displays the faked mac)
macchnager -s mon0 (displays the real mac)

mon0 does not exist before I start wlan2 and cannot be changed afterwords because it is in use.

mon0 is a virtual adapter that allows your computer to interpret traffic from your actual interface. As long as you spoof wlan2's address you're spoofing properly.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!