• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chicago77

chicago77

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:46 PM

Hi, so I know of a mac program that will do this, but I am poor and own a pc, so I need a little bit of help.

I recently bought a ctrl one MIDI dj controller, which is actually HID and MIDI. It does not work with traktor pro or ableton live because of this HID. I really like this controller and I was able to get it very cheap, so I would like to keep it. I know there are ways to turn HID devices (like xbox controllers) into MIDI language. Will someone link a program that could do this, and a link for directions on how to use the program. I am willing and interested to learn how to do this, but I dont know how to program or anything so directions from a noobish level would be great lol.

I am running windows7 64 bit.

Thank you soo much for the help,
Chicago.

#2 PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:40 PM

Hi, so I know of a mac program that will do this, but I am poor and own a pc, so I need a little bit of help.

I recently bought a ctrl one MIDI dj controller, which is actually HID and MIDI. It does not work with traktor pro or ableton live because of this HID. I really like this controller and I was able to get it very cheap, so I would like to keep it. I know there are ways to turn HID devices (like xbox controllers) into MIDI language. Will someone link a program that could do this, and a link for directions on how to use the program. I am willing and interested to learn how to do this, but I dont know how to program or anything so directions from a noobish level would be great lol.

I am running windows7 64 bit.

Thank you soo much for the help,
Chicago.

Have you tried the tech help here?

http://www.geminidj.com/ctrl-one

#3 chicago77

chicago77

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:43 PM

Yes. It is not really gemini's fault(so they wont help). They just don't advertise that it is a HID device not midi, and they bundle it with virtual dj which runs HID. Tech support says you cannot run it with any midi programs because it uses HID, which is a different language. They are right about this, and they do not speak English very well, so the goal is to prove them wrong by translating the HID into MIDI. It can be done on a mac, but I need to do it on a pc.

Edited by chicago77, 23 June 2011 - 01:44 PM.

#4 PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:02 PM

Yes. It is not really gemini's fault(so they wont help). They just don't advertise that it is a HID device not midi, and they bundle it with virtual dj which runs HID. Tech support says you cannot run it with any midi programs because it uses HID, which is a different language. They are right about this, and they do not speak English very well, so the goal is to prove them wrong by translating the HID into MIDI. It can be done on a mac, but I need to do it on a pc.

so, does it act like an HID keyboard, or mouse? have you tried opening up a text editor and seeing if it dumps out anything when you push stuff?

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!