I am looking for information on streaming live podcast.
Things I know:
- I need lots of bandwidth
- ShoutCast will most likely be what is used
- Because it will be talk only the bit-rate can be low and still maintain high quality
- On average 100-150 Listeners
- domain name will need purchased and in fact already is
What I want:
- Live streaming audio that is on par with radio stations
- Two or more people to be able to host/co-host
- Be able to have listeners call in
What I am thinking:
- Asterisk box set up to record to both hard disk, and start the ShoutCast stream
- Web hosting for streaming media (not sure how much bandwidth will be needed)
- Using Skype to call into the conference # on the asterisk box to keep audio at peek sound levels since cell phones are not that great
I want this to be as professional as possible; Other than brain storming and coming up with the above I really don't have much direction. How are some of the good podcast done now? I like how PaulDotCom sounds, but I have no idea how they do it (I believe they use skype though). Suggestions, feedback, facepalm, or anything would be much appreciated.
No replies to this topic
BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!