• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:41 PM

my magicjack service has been disconnected for probably 2 years or more..

anyone have a magic jack to test this out? seems line someone on Y! answers stumbled upon a way to do an ANI fail with magic jack - i do not think that the person realizes that it is an ANI fail.. i am not completely sure if it is an ANI fail or not, but the CID sending only the area code sure sounds like a potential ANI-F to me...

turning the 911 feature to no 911 address will prevent your number from showing up, only your area code will show on the caller id of the person you are calling, i did it and it works, however you cant make a 911 call untill you put it back to the confirmd address listed :)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=As2M05k37XnraNQ3oUavvAk95XNG;_ylv=3?qid=20110619141820AAgY4Sb

#2 Afterm4th

Afterm4th

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:03 AM

I have a magic jack but I dont think it ANI fails. I havent used it in a while so I'll double check... but im pretty sure i'd remember a feature like ANI fail if it had one.

#3 dmine45

dmine45

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:27 AM

At one time, you could run an add-on program to change the ANI on your MagiCrap ™, but they now block it at the server end and send out the correct ANI. Have been doing so for over a year now.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!