• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pscherer4

pscherer4

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:56 PM

How can i get the information, when and from where my AOL email account (AOL Germany)
was accessed. Date, time and IP address.

I contacted AOL but they just ignore my requests.
Contacted a Tech Forum as well, they told me that i could get this information just with a court order.
That is hard to believe since it is my personal AOL account. Why would i need a court order for my own information?

Can anybody help me with this?

Iam using AOL since 20 years and iam still paying for the service in Germany.

#2 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:50 PM

You need to get them to give it to you, since they are in possession of the logs.

I've have not used AOL mail for a long time, but if someone responds to one of the emails sent out, you could look at the SMTP headers and get that information. Also, you could try looking in the sent folder, and trash folder. You might find something that was sent from your account there. Also, you can go into the AOL mail preferences and check the option for a mail notification when messages are open by the receiver. But that only works/worked when the recipient looked at the message from AOL Mail.

All that is assuming AOL still uses AOL Mail, it's proprietary mail system, and the person has not used public POP3, IMAP, or SMTP servers.

I worked as a tech in aol a long time ago, and had access to that info from KRIS (the old AOL - customer/account db system). I don't know if techs still have that info. But even if they do, they're not supposed to give it out for privacy reasons, it was a big "no-no". We'd get girlfriends wanting to know when their bf's are online, people trying to get Sandra Bullock's personal (she had a public aol email back in the 90's) info... etc...

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!