• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gsock

gsock

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:30 PM

I recently broke up with my girlfriend and deleted her account from my mac. I don't know much about macs(shes the mac pro). I deleted her account and her home file but am paranoid that I did not delete everything and that she has left a virus or keylogger(shes crazy). We were both admins on the computer(if that makes a difference).

Since I deleted her account, are all her installed applications, documents, viruses, etc gone for good? Or do I have to a clean install to be sure?

#2 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:56 PM

Wiping out her home folder and account will not, for sure, get rid of any applications she might have installed, malicious or not. If you don't know how to track down malicious software the only way you can be sure is to reinstall os x. If you do reinstall, make sure it is a fresh copy, and not an archived install. Go into Disk Manager from the install screen, and delete the partition table, then make brand new partitions for the new install. That way, you'll be sure there is nothing left over from the previous install.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!