• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Totallylost

Totallylost

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:08 AM

would anyone be willing to teach a Noob (me)
some basic programming skills.

anything really but starting from very low level.

thanks anyway.

#2 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:09 AM

Most people in here have learned on their own.

Just start out by doing some tutorials on the web, and getting a few books. I'd recommend starting out with something like PHP, PERL, Python, or JavaScript instead of a more difficult language like C or C++. If you start out with a difficult language, it gets really boring damn quick. With a simpler language, you'll be able to better focus on learning to program. Rather than trying to understand concepts that have a steep learning curve and struggling to understand example code. Starting out with an easy language will first teach you to think like a programmer, making learning advanced concepts like OOP and memory management a lot easier.

Not to mention it gets boring studying syntax and making "hello world" applications. With something like PHP or JavaScript you'll be able to make little applications in a matter of a few weeks.

P.S. If I were to recommend a language for someone starting out, I'd definitely recommend PHP. It is easy to learn, but can also be challenging for more advanced programmers. Also the syntax is similar to languages like C, C#, Pascal, and even PERL.

#3 Totallylost

Totallylost

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:20 AM

Most people in here have learned on their own.

Just start out by doing some tutorials on the web, and getting a few books. I'd recommend starting out with something like PHP, PERL, Python, or JavaScript instead of a more difficult language like C or C++. If you start out with a difficult language, it gets really boring damn quick. With a simpler language, you'll be able to better focus on learning to program. Rather than trying to understand concepts that have a steep learning curve and struggling to understand example code. Starting out with an easy language will first teach you to think like a programmer, making learning advanced concepts like OOP and memory management a lot easier.

Not to mention it gets boring studying syntax and making "hello world" applications. With something like PHP or JavaScript you'll be able to make little applications in a matter of a few weeks.

P.S. If I were to recommend a language for someone starting out, I'd definitely recommend PHP. It is easy to learn, but can also be challenging for more advanced programmers. Also the syntax is similar to languages like C, C#, Pascal, and even PERL.

thanks will get to it ;)

#4 PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:58 AM

I'd like to add...

physically type in the examples you find. Don't cut and paste. By typing them in, you'll get an instinct for the syntax.

#5 5imp7y

5imp7y

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:09 AM

I agree with tekio, although i would start with something like HTML even though it "Technically" isnt a programming language it gets you into the idea of how punching your keyboard gets an output. I started with html moved onto a little java script. Then i back stepped into q basic (ohh how fun that was...).
I dont thing c++ is to complicated to start early tho. I bought a great book and you can laugh all you want, but C++ for dummys was a GREAT book with tons of examples and it comes with great compilters and touches base on all good and useful bits that help you get into the mood.
sudo code ftw
:-)

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!