• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sniper606

sniper606

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:34 AM

I am trying to find out as much as I can about the Tekelec 9000 Distributed Switching Solution Class 4 Switch. Any info that anyone can provide would be appreciated. A manual or other dox on it would be awesome.

#2 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:16 PM

Class 4 would imply some sort of tandem operation. If there's any in service used as a tandem, that's news to me. CLECs love these things, though, especially Pac-West Telecom. If I'm not mistaken, though, Tekelec might've actually sold these off to another company.

Is there anything in particular you'd like to know? I've never had any one on one experience with any of these things, but I know some people who have.

#3 sniper606

sniper606

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:41 PM

Nothing in particular really, I just wanted to learn whatever I can about it. My local phone company Thacker & Grigsby Communications uses it. www.tgtel.com 1-606-785-xxxx

http://www.tekelec.c...il.asp?prID=485

#4 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:52 PM

I'm afraid you might be on your own there. Keep in mind, though, a lot of these newer switches aren't as well versed in standards as their more traditional counterparts - especially if it's a company that buys protocol stacks from software developers instead of making their own. So if you're aggressive about putting it in unusual situations, you'll probably see it do some pretty weird stuff.

Be inventive; make calls to numbers that pass strange SS7 conditions back, forward two numbers together and make an infinite loop, hammer it incessantly with numbers that shouldn't be valid - that sort of thing. Really the one and only rule to getting telecom equipment to act up is to present it with the strangest stuff you can think of. And to factor in how the operating company or the manufacturer likes to set things up, but that should be a given.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!