#1 m.rce

m.rce

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:36 AM

ok,

I have BT4.

* I currently use w3af for web-scanning - eventually I can pair it with nmap for a more hardcore scanning. What other tools should I use for vulno-research?
* I use metasploit for crafting exploits, CANVAS costs 1K$(!). Is CANVAS good?? What other exploit platform I could use apart metasploit?
* I have a bunch of SQL Injection tools, which one you prefer/suggest me? unfortunately, it seems SQLi are the king of exploitation, today...
* Is it possible to chain proxies using JAP or TOR - that is, adding extra jumps for hardening backtracing?

Regards.

#2 serrath

serrath

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:57 PM

ok,

I have BT4.

* I currently use w3af for web-scanning - eventually I can pair it with nmap for a more hardcore scanning. What other tools should I use for vulno-research?
* I use metasploit for crafting exploits, CANVAS costs 1K$(!). Is CANVAS good?? What other exploit platform I could use apart metasploit?
* I have a bunch of SQL Injection tools, which one you prefer/suggest me? unfortunately, it seems SQLi are the king of exploitation, today...
* Is it possible to chain proxies using JAP or TOR - that is, adding extra jumps for hardening backtracing?

Regards.

BackTrack 5 comes out May 10th, I believe. It might be worthwhile to hold your horses and see what those guys include. They've got pretty good taste, and this time they're going to be cutting the junk out.

#3 sniper606

sniper606

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:49 PM

Top 100 Network Security Tools.

http://sectools.org/

You might find this site useful.

#4 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:54 AM

Is CANVAS good??

Yes, canvas is awesome! But, they will not sell it anybody off the street. I had to go through a lot of hoops, including sending a written request on company letterhead, and having an email address that matches the letterhead. It would be easy to forge all that stuff though.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!