• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

DDP r0x0rz my s0x0rz

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:34 AM

So this isn't quite op diverting the easy way, but it's pretty damn convenient. For those of you who've been paying attention to Qwest territory, you probably know there's a new AIS in all but the midwestern states. Normally, this wouldn't be too noteworthy, but they decided to do something interesting with disconnected business numbers. Or at least I think they're disconnected business numbers. This actually was at one time a test mailbox setup by Qwest;

503-635-6756

So normally, free directory assistance is nice, but nothing too special. The cool part, though, is it connects you with an ANI fail!

Try it; ask for a satellite company in Seattle, select Directv. When it answers, tell it you're not a current customer.

#2 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:59 PM

So this isn't quite op diverting the easy way, but it's pretty damn convenient. For those of you who've been paying attention to Qwest territory, you probably know there's a new AIS in all but the midwestern states. Normally, this wouldn't be too noteworthy, but they decided to do something interesting with disconnected business numbers. Or at least I think they're disconnected business numbers. This actually was at one time a test mailbox setup by Qwest;

503-635-6756

So normally, free directory assistance is nice, but nothing too special. The cool part, though, is it connects you with an ANI fail!

Try it; ask for a satellite company in Seattle, select Directv. When it answers, tell it you're not a current customer.

that number appears to be connected to this service http://www.dexknows....-800callDex.asp

calling 1-800-call-dex will produce the same results as the number that you provided..
i stumbled upon that by choosing NY instead of Seattle, and it told me that was not in the coverage map, and to visit the website for the coverage map... then i just checked to see how the toll free number shows up at that direcTv number, and it comes up the same... 000-000-0000

i am sure that there is something to be exploited in a system like this..

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!