• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chaotic

Chaotic

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:02 PM

Some networks will block cmd, ive learned that notepad is a great tool for opening cmd @echo off command @echo on, blaaa save as .bat, i was trying to learn the usage of cmd and understanding commands, where some say you could type commands such as shutdown -i, where you could see linked computers and shutdown any one with a personal message "u gotz pwned" etc... when i tried the message said "access denied" how do you get around this? my second question would be, if your using a public pc in a building such as a library and you cant write text in cmd, how would you allow yourself to write text? Thanks for having me on the forums :biggrin:

Edited by Chaotic, 28 April 2011 - 03:03 PM.

#2 GreyGhost

GreyGhost

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:01 PM

I'm assuming you're using Windows systems in which case you'd need to authorize the shutdown command by using an administrator login / password combo. In the example below the password and administrator should be filled with the credentials of any user in the admin group and "program name" is the dos command you want to run:

echo (password) >RunAs /user:(administrator) "program name"

Getting those administrator credentials is another matter but there is lots of information about that elsewhere.

Edited by GreyGhost, 28 April 2011 - 04:01 PM.

#3 Chaotic

Chaotic

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:24 PM

Sweet, and yea ill look that part up on youtube...

Edited by Chaotic, 14 May 2011 - 06:27 PM.

#4 unix101

unix101

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:41 PM

I would suggest learning some more before trying to do things such as you are. One thing I have learned over time is that you should stick to one topic, conquer it, then move on to a next. You should look into programming, and then you could write things incorperating cmd scripts. In windows you should try power shell, and if not, then try bash scripting. This will give you a good understanding of these commands that you speak of "shutdown -s" etc, along with teaching logic of computer science, and learning a real world skill of programming at the same time.

As far as the "Public Computers" situation, you should be careful trying things you don't understand that well there. I suggest over and over to use vmware for testing and learning, or even public war games sites to try and learn methods.

Just as the previous post stated, you would need the credentials to do so. Try to find a way to get them. Sounds stupid, but one way I tried this was very elementary. I had a buddy in the library kill the power to one of the desk as i went to ask them for help. Then he flipped it on. this then made them say "Hold on something happened..... I can help you in a second. " They then had to log in again to their machine of the power reboot, and I watched the keystrokes. Only tried it once, and it worked. Anyways, the point of this topic we discuss here is to learn something so well, you understand it, and there for can manipulate it. Also, to problem solve things in a manner, that will benefit the cause, and figure out ways around your restrictions in front of you.

I tend to ramble, and apologize for that, but hopefully I got some insight out there to help you. Good luck, and when it comes to shells, you will love it a lot more, and get more out of it if you go a different route then a windows shell.

Unix101 a.k.a. cid

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!