• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 P(?)NYB(?)Y

P(?)NYB(?)Y

bellcore

• Members
  • 800 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:00 AM

Anyone know if ConfCon is happening again? I know their website is down now, but wasn't sure what had become of the con. I'd very much love to check the next one out, and possibly contribute (if it happens)

#2 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

DDP r0x0rz my s0x0rz

• Members
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:06 AM

I actually talked to PhreakerD7 about this a few days ago. His response was "probably". My guess is that means "if we can get enough speakers." The website is a different story. I don't remember exactly what the deal was, but I think the hosting provider claimed there was some TOS violation, so they killed the account.

#3 P(?)NYB(?)Y

P(?)NYB(?)Y

bellcore

• Members
  • 800 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:12 AM

I wait with bated breath for updates. I'm sad I missed the first two.

#4 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:16 PM

I actually talked to PhreakerD7 about this a few days ago. His response was "probably". My guess is that means "if we can get enough speakers." The website is a different story. I don't remember exactly what the deal was, but I think the hosting provider claimed there was some TOS violation, so they killed the account.

Yeah that sucked when they pulled that card and took everything down.. I think this is exactly what teh scene needs..

#5 JmanA9

JmanA9

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:42 PM

I think the sooner a date is set, the better. I don't know what I'll be doing this summer or where I'll be, so I can't offer any suggestions other than to avoid August. I think most people go on vacation in August.

#6 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• 1,213 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:25 PM

I think the sooner a date is set, the better. I don't know what I'll be doing this summer or where I'll be, so I can't offer any suggestions other than to avoid August. I think most people go on vacation in August.

That and the weekend of July 4th. Just an idea maybe the weekend before and or after Defcon.

#7 P(?)NYB(?)Y

P(?)NYB(?)Y

bellcore

• Members
  • 800 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:52 AM

Sucks to hear about the webhost pulling the plug. If you want, I can try to put you guys in contact with the folks who used to host the BCR website. I don't know what the companies structure or prices are these days, but name dropping might still be somewhat helpful for you.

If I can help get this thing going, I will do what I can.

#8 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

DDP r0x0rz my s0x0rz

• Members
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:04 PM

Holy shit! I had no idea people cared so much about Confcon. I'm glad we have a push for people being more passionate about phones. I sent a link here to PhreakerD7, we'll see what happens.

That and the weekend of July 4th. Just an idea maybe the weekend before and or after Defcon.

The problem with the 4th of July weekend is it's probably when a lot of people will have plans. A couple years in a row - and maybe this year too, this ended up being when I went out of town. I'm not sure any number of friends or relatives I might happen to be staying with would appreciate me tying up their phone(s) for several hours.

The reason we came up with the date we did is because it seems like the in between week where there's no cons or anything actively going on. That, and it gives us the stalling time we need :) . We'll definitely have to see what's going on this year, but I think Jman is right. August would be something to avoid.

We'll be prepared this year, we swear >.>

#9 P(?)NYB(?)Y

P(?)NYB(?)Y

bellcore

• Members
  • 800 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:11 PM

I figure ConfCon is one of the best options for sharing new information and breakthroughs we come upon as phreaks in the classic way. Not to mention that it's nice to have an entire con dedicated to the single subject, instead of having to sift through everything else to find good phone stuff.

#10 Andrew

Andrew

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:53 PM

I can host the website on my server if you have a backup copy of the files and don't need to update it all that often. Send me an email andrew[at]omghax.ca :)

#11 Havoc

Havoc

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• 923 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

same here : OSP is open for you guys

#12 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

DDP r0x0rz my s0x0rz

• Members
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:05 AM

Hey everyone -

Confcon has been experiencing some pretty dramatic setbacks. First, our domain expired, and secondly, PhreakerD7 may have jumped ship. Having not enough presenters to make confcon happen, we have no choice but to move it to September. Let me know what date will work best for all of you, but until then, we need your papers!

If you'd like to help us out, please email anything you'd be willing to present with us to thoughtphreaker _at_ gmail.com

Together, we can make the confcon two official slogan hold true!

EDIT: Depending on how things turn out, how's labor day weekend sound? I want to make sure we don't tread over anyone's plans, but at the same time, it's a three-day weekend before schools usually start. You can't get any more convenient then that.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker, 04 July 2011 - 06:07 AM.

#13 JmanA9

JmanA9

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:06 PM

A lot of private colleges (mine included) schedule classes on Labor Day. If it gets scheduled for Monday, I could only drop in during the evening.

#14 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

DDP r0x0rz my s0x0rz

• Members
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:16 PM

At this point, what day would work best for you? Or everyone for that matter.

#15 Andrew

Andrew

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:37 PM

A Saturday night/evening would be best for me as my time zone is -3:30GMT. What are your(/everyones) weekend schedules like?

#16 Skunkworks

Skunkworks

mad 1337

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:39 PM

A Saturday night/evening would be best for me as my time zone is -3:30GMT. What are your(/everyones) weekend schedules like?

Would work fine for me also

#17 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

DDP r0x0rz my s0x0rz

• Members
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:24 AM

I hate to say it, but there's really no need to set any day aside. Confcon '11 isn't happening.

#18 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:30 PM

I hate to say it, but there's really no need to set any day aside. Confcon '11 isn't happening.

oh noes... it might have been the only con that i would be able to attend this year... lol

#19 amasan

amasan

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:12 PM

do i need to contact PD7 and see what is up?

#20 Andrew

Andrew

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

do i need to contact PD7 and see what is up?

What? I was speaking to him on the phone along with Thought Phreaker. We just don't have any time for it this year it seems...

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!