• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skywanter

skywanter

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:53 PM

First off, I'd like to start by saying that I used to go on this forum as samo but I honestly cannot log into my former account because I'm a moron who can't keep his passwords straight, so I made this new one. Anyways, a while back I came across a COCOT at a Jewel grocery store in the north Chicago suburbs that would connect me to a strange test number when I pressed *15. I hooked up my handy dandy induction coil mic to the phone's handset, recorded the faint DTMF tones that the COCOT played to the dialtone when *15 was pressed, and had the skilled ears of thoughtphreaker and royal decode the tones for me. The number is 888-244-3942.

I don't know if giving info on how to log in would be a breach of BinRev's TOS or simply not intelligent, so I'll just encourage yinz to do some exploring and use common sense. Anyways, I'd love to get an old-skool discussion of ANI II values here. Honestly I hardly know much about them myself. Do note that the system is incredibly finnicky about accepting certain ANIs/CPNs. I really have no idea how it decides which incoming calls to allow a successful login and which ones it just continuously asks for a login from. What I'm saying is, if you can't login from one phone, try another. The login is really not hard to figure out, and there also seem to be some strange logins if you mess around with it long enough.

It might not be smart to post such a number here but I'd rather risk having a useful test number that I found get shut down than continue to see this forum be as slow as it has been; this forum is my only access to the phreaking scene. So enjoy, and let's get a discussion going!
  • APegoBlooro likes this

#2 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

DDP r0x0rz my s0x0rz

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:59 AM

So enjoy, and let's get a discussion going!

Yes, what he said :) . I dunno about you, but whenever I get my hands on any sort of phone that could be considered the slightest bit unusual - a PBX phone, a payphone, whatever, the results have always came out as 27, 70, 23, 07, or 00. There was, however, one unusual centrex phone that didn't even let the call go through; you'd just get reorder, but most other toll-free numbers would work fine. It was pretty damn strange.

Anybody come by anything slightly different?

Honestly I hardly know much about them myself. Do note that the system is incredibly finnicky about accepting certain ANIs/CPNs. I really have no idea how it decides which incoming calls to allow a successful login and which ones it just continuously asks for a login from. What I'm saying is, if you can't login from one phone, try another.

I think that has to do with how it's setup. If it sees the phone - payphone I suppose in all cases, given the way they operate, has an account with them but doesn't subscribe to this number, it'll reject the call.

Also, if you try calling it under some very specific conditions (partial ANI and call forwarding, I think maybe both), the toll-free provider will intercept the call.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker, 14 April 2011 - 04:04 AM.

• APegoBlooro likes this

#3 Rpm

Rpm

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 12:53 AM

I'll have to try this at my work , I'm pretty sure were running Linux (I'll snoop around in the server room if anyones interested) , and what I was told is "the dialers are in the computers" .
I actually have a couple computers from there that I haven't had time to play with yet. Anyways I'm curious to see what the result is.

EDIT:calling from work I got flex ani failed 00

Edited by Rpm, 25 April 2011 - 05:19 PM.

• APegoBlooro likes this

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!