• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 badboi

badboi

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:35 PM

Hey people, I was wondering - what else can I do with Backtrack 4 R1? I just got it and I don't just want to hack WEP keys?

Thanks guys.

Sincerely,
badboi

p.s. I don't have any malicious intent, as per the rules in this forum - so don't think becos my nick sounds bad, I'm now malicious. There's just a nice ring to it, that's all. Just a DISCLAIMER.

#2 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:27 AM

The hacker hacks, tools just do what the hacker tells them to do. Just use your imagination and google. BT4 has a pretty comprehensive set of pen-testing tools, so probably whatever you need it to do.

#3 Berzerk

Berzerk

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:08 AM

The hacker hacks, tools just do what the hacker tells them to do. Just use your imagination and google. BT4 has a pretty comprehensive set of pen-testing tools, so probably whatever you need it to do.

What tekio said, search Back|Track 4. Scroogle or Google
Good place to start is right here: http://www.backtrack....org/tutorials/
Read, read, read, even if it doesn't make sense to you at first.
You could search for info on Metasploit, there are some good vid tutorials. One series @ Irongeek another @ Securitytube

Show some initiative and make some replies.

#4 serrath

serrath

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:56 PM

Adrian Crenshaw ("Irongeek") does some pretty good tutorials for all the stuff on there, but it's not really something you wanna get into without understanding how these things work. I'd poke around on Wikipedia until you have a pretty good conceptual understanding of a few attacks and how they actually work, then maybe try them out on your gear with the tools in BackTrack.

And after that, if you're still interested, you can get down to coding...

Edit: The "Irongeek" site is just www.irongeek.com

Edited by serrath, 01 May 2011 - 05:57 PM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!