• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:47 PM

i just saw this product/service.... it seems that it connects to Verizon wireless network and connects a home phone for $20/mo for unlimited or $10/mo on a family plan with shared minutes with your cell phone..

i guess verizon wireless is becoming competition with verizon...

seems like a good idea all around... for those who do not want to give up their land line phones, it is cheaper than land line service.. it is also cheaper than just about any unlimited cell phone plan that i am aware of... it even gives VoIP providers a run for their money (with out the need for high speed internet)... and for verizon it has got to be cheaper to provide cellular service than to maintain an aging and deteriorating outside plant infrastructure...

http://www.verizonwi...honeconnect.jsp

#2 dragon:ONE

dragon:ONE

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:37 PM

i just saw this product/service.... it seems that it connects to Verizon wireless network and connects a home phone for $20/mo for unlimited or $10/mo on a family plan with shared minutes with your cell phone..

i guess verizon wireless is becoming competition with verizon...

seems like a good idea all around... for those who do not want to give up their land line phones, it is cheaper than land line service.. it is also cheaper than just about any unlimited cell phone plan that i am aware of... it even gives VoIP providers a run for their money (with out the need for high speed internet)... and for verizon it has got to be cheaper to provide cellular service than to maintain an aging and deteriorating outside plant infrastructure...

http://www.verizonwi...honeconnect.jsp

And if you hook it up to, say, an inverter in your car, it'll hand off between towers just fine, so it really is just a glorified cellphone. Of course, if you happen to have a 'broken' cellphone that you can 'repair' the ESN on...

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!