• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

DDP r0x0rz my s0x0rz

• Members
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:41 AM

Wow, so this is it. Bump for the sake of...well, being a time machine's last day on earth. Or the PSTN at least.

I'll try my best, but if I can't, please use the numbers I provided for the weather to make a recording of it. It'll be interesting to see what happens to these when the weather dies.

EDIT:

The Audichron system in DC lives on. Apparently, callers and newscasters alike hassled Verizon until they agreed to keep it.

As for the Baltimore number, well, the DMS that was giving the disconnect announcement before the time is stopping us from calling in. If you'd like to take a last look at the Baltimore weather system, some of the alternate numbers I posted don't go through the DMS (presumably a tandem) giving that announcement.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker, 01 June 2011 - 04:14 PM.

#22 JmanA9

JmanA9

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:00 PM

The time in DC is being saved as well. I'm in disbelief that Verizon kept the DC weather going. They actually listened to their customers? Can't be! Here's an article about the DC weather line being saved:
http://www.washingto...4gFH_story.html

I don't get any results on Google when trying to find uproar about the Baltimore time and weather announcements going away. It's too bad, the Baltimore weather and time were on a machine with an interesting sound, and the DC time and weather are on a relatively new piece of equipment; I think it was installed 4 or 5 years ago.

410-312-9999 will let you hear the weather announcement in Baltimore.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!