• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 blueeyedblond

blueeyedblond

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:17 AM

Before any disrespectful answers, let me insist on the fact that the motivation behind my question is for pure educational purposes.

I started reading three books on rootkit (“The rootkit arsenal”, “rootkits subverting the windows kernel” and “professional rootkits”: I would recommend the first one), some chapters link to code samples on the infamous website www.rootkit.com.

I couldn’t have access to the website, and if am not mistaken, the website is no longer availble; If you could share websites, links, materials that offer code samples, articles and some new techniques on the subject, I would be very greatful.

Thanks again.
The hot blondish girl ;).

#2 heisenbug

heisenbug

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:27 PM

The hot blondish girl ;).

Ha, now that's social engineering if I ever saw it. You may be a 400lb man in his mother's basement, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this is true. If you are really honestly interested in security I would start with the Black Hat presentations. There are a few on rootkits.

Black Hat presentations.
http://www.blackhat....ives-index.html

Edited by heisenbug, 28 February 2011 - 10:29 PM.

#3 Afterm4th

Afterm4th

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

research the stoned bootkit

#4 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:25 AM

Smashing the Stack for Fun and Profit is a great introduction for what you want to learn. It's a bit outdated, but does a good job of describing the basics of buffer overflows.

Edited by tekio, 16 April 2011 - 09:27 AM.

#5 m.rce

m.rce

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:17 AM

it was posted awhile on exetools, http://www.stoned-vienna.com/

it's only for x86, thou, and requires some seriou knowledge of the involved subject. Better you grab a Microsoft® Windows® Internals book and study it before...

#6 serrath

serrath

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:54 PM

Play the game "Core War" and program a few good vamps. That'll give you a hell of a jumpstart.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!