• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 5imp7y

5imp7y

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:09 PM

I looked around for awhile now, and i cannot quite get it. I need a good free converter that is easy to use and has alot of input and output options. Primarily i am trying to get .ogm(english) to .avi for a ps3. Any help is appreciated!

#2 wwwd40

wwwd40

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:33 AM

What have you tried already? What OS do you want to run it under?

http://handbrake.fr/details.php

which I believe is on the dyne:bolic live CD http://dynebolic.org/.

Cheers,

#3 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:03 AM

I use Jodix. Not sure if it supports ogm (never heard of that encoding scheme before).

like wwwd40 said... handbrake is awesome, too. +1 for him....

Edited by tekio, 24 February 2011 - 06:06 AM.

#4 5imp7y

5imp7y

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 507 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:58 PM

Currently running Ubuntu on my home computer and would like it to work on that. An .ogm extension is mainly for layer audio systems like anime... your typical compressed audio video file. Actually tried super on my windows side the other day and it worked but no sound... fail?

Will try handbrake tonight :-)
Thanks!

#5 Dirk Chestnut

Dirk Chestnut

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:36 PM

Currently running Ubuntu on my home computer and would like it to work on that. An .ogm extension is mainly for layer audio systems like anime... your typical compressed audio video file. Actually tried super on my windows side the other day and it worked but no sound... fail?

Thanks!

Try ffmpeg

I don't know that it has a nice easy to use GUI interface, I've only used it on the command line, but once you get used it on command line you can use it to do pretty much anything. Convert to other formats? ffmpeg does it. Downsize the dimensions of a video? Yeah, ffmpeg does it. Change the audio codec of a video? Right, ffmpeg is your guy.

#6 5imp7y

5imp7y

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 507 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:13 AM

Thanks!

Try ffmpeg

I don't know that it has a nice easy to use GUI interface, I've only used it on the command line, but once you get used it on command line you can use it to do pretty much anything. Convert to other formats? ffmpeg does it. Downsize the dimensions of a video? Yeah, ffmpeg does it. Change the audio codec of a video? Right, ffmpeg is your guy.

Sound legit. Ill give it a try for sure.

Handbrake is nice but isnt supporting the .ogm formatted file. I can get it to convert to avi but i lose the sound... :-(

I found another for windows mainly i think, Super. It did convert it with sound and had good setting but is A) ugly B) a little overwhelming with useless stuff and C) SLOW...

Super works great for international stuff tho seeing as there is a pack for every format known to man and serveral known to chimps.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!