• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ver_01

ver_01

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:45 PM

I recently got a VOIP account with callwithus.com to test a few routes . I use eyebeam to make these test calls, I think I have pretty much configured it just like they said on the website but cant seem to connect too many calls. I usually try calling my mobile phone number to check if I've configured it correctly, after about 20 unsuccessful tries I manage to connect once and then have to keep on trying another 20 times before I can get another call through.
But if even one call is connecting that must mean that the configuration is ok?

Any ideas on why this is happening? anyone else ever used this service? Is there anything I'm doing wrong or is it an issue with their service?

PS: I have an account with another voip provider configured on the same device and that is working just fine.

Edited by ver_01, 16 February 2011 - 06:46 PM.

#2 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:02 PM

I recently got a VOIP account with callwithus.com to test a few routes . I use eyebeam to make these test calls, I think I have pretty much configured it just like they said on the website but cant seem to connect too many calls. I usually try calling my mobile phone number to check if I've configured it correctly, after about 20 unsuccessful tries I manage to connect once and then have to keep on trying another 20 times before I can get another call through.
But if even one call is connecting that must mean that the configuration is ok?

Any ideas on why this is happening? anyone else ever used this service? Is there anything I'm doing wrong or is it an issue with their service?

PS: I have an account with another voip provider configured on the same device and that is working just fine.

with the other account is there a profile rule set on the ATA in the admin>provisioning tab? if there is, it might be changing the settings on the device

#3 ver_01

ver_01

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:30 PM

[/quote] with the other account is there a profile rule set on the ATA in the admin>provisioning tab? if there is, it might be changing the settings on the device[/quote]

Nope, removed the other account altogether, it was a basic ip to ip configuration anyways that wasnt very complex and can be reconfigured without any password. have tried this on xlite also without any joy.

Edited by ver_01, 17 February 2011 - 01:31 PM.

#4 Asterisk Phreak

Asterisk Phreak

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:04 PM

I've been using them for a year or so over asterisk. I've occasionally had problems reaching Hawaii, as well as some somewhat exotic international destinations (i.e. I have to dial a few times before the call goes through), but other than that they have worked just fine for me. One good thing about callwithus.com is that they allow me to pass ANI. That way I can set the ANI to my landline number (for example) so others know who is calling them.

AsteriskPhreak

#5 ver_01

ver_01

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:09 PM

I've been using them for a year or so over asterisk. I've occasionally had problems reaching Hawaii, as well as some somewhat exotic international destinations (i.e. I have to dial a few times before the call goes through), but other than that they have worked just fine for me. One good thing about callwithus.com is that they allow me to pass ANI. That way I can set the ANI to my landline number (for example) so others know who is calling them.

AsteriskPhreak

Yeah I think they are not 100% compatible with eyebeam, I eventually configured them on my mobile phone. Most calls are going through fine now.

I know what you are saying about the exotic destinations though,I havent been able to connect anything there and a lot of calls to these destinations seem to get hijacked to some other servers!! any other service providers you can recommend?

#6 Asterisk Phreak

Asterisk Phreak

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:17 PM

Another interesting thing I have noticed about CallWithUs is that if you don't hang up after a call disconnects, its sometimes possible to get a timeout from the remote system where the call enters the landline system. I've gotten the "If you'd like to make a call, please hang up and try it again", and the off-hook alarm tone, all over VOIP! Makes me wonder if you might be able to get a dial tone as well, though I've never been able to do it.

AsteriskPhreak

#7 ver_01

ver_01

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:26 AM

Another interesting thing I have noticed about CallWithUs is that if you don't hang up after a call disconnects, its sometimes possible to get a timeout from the remote system where the call enters the landline system. I've gotten the "If you'd like to make a call, please hang up and try it again", and the off-hook alarm tone, all over VOIP! Makes me wonder if you might be able to get a dial tone as well, though I've never been able to do it.

AsteriskPhreak

Not sure if that would work as their CDR would capture anything that may go through so you may end up getting billed for it.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!