• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 alecdog

alecdog

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:59 PM

I just installed blackunbuntu and i'm wondering where to go from here.

I'm wondering where to start with hacking. I've been reading through that stuff that just says learn a language. I'm in a comp prog class at my high school using net beans. I'm pretty lost on where to start.

Only experience with this kinda stuff is modding BF2, BF1942 and my high school class

also if you think blackbuntu is a bad choice what should i go to for the best hacking OS? also after doing some reading i've come to realise there is no best but a preference. I just want make sure i get my best foot forward

oh where are my manners, thanks for having me on the forums :rolleyes:

Edited by alecdog, 15 February 2011 - 06:37 PM.

#2 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:17 PM

The best thing I can recommend is to spend about a year learning basic concepts in the following areas:
- Networking
- Programming
- Unix operating systems (Either FreeBSD or Linux are good choices)
- Basic security concepts... Like how encryption works, different kinds of encryption, how different network protocols are secured... etc..
- Windows operating systems... Both stand alone and in an NT Domain setup
- How a PC and different hardware works.

If you learn the basics first, more advanced concepts will come easier. Most people that just start learning to "hack" end up knowing enough to be a script kiddie. You are taking the right step by taking a programming class at school. Just focus on that language for now. Learn general programming concepts. These can then be applied to learn other languages quickly.

Also, the biggest thing, IMO, someone needs to learn is to teach themselves. Learn to learn on your own... Don't get discouraged, at first it can be frustrating. But after you've gotten a good grasp on the basics things will start to click.

#3 alecdog

alecdog

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:12 AM

The best thing I can recommend is to spend about a year learning basic concepts in the following areas:
- Networking
- Programming
- Unix operating systems (Either FreeBSD or Linux are good choices)
- Basic security concepts... Like how encryption works, different kinds of encryption, how different network protocols are secured... etc..
- Windows operating systems... Both stand alone and in an NT Domain setup
- How a PC and different hardware works.

If you learn the basics first, more advanced concepts will come easier. Most people that just start learning to "hack" end up knowing enough to be a script kiddie. You are taking the right step by taking a programming class at school. Just focus on that language for now. Learn general programming concepts. These can then be applied to learn other languages quickly.

Also, the biggest thing, IMO, someone needs to learn is to teach themselves. Learn to learn on your own... Don't get discouraged, at first it can be frustrating. But after you've gotten a good grasp on the basics things will start to click.

Thanks for the reply lots of helpful stuff on where to start. I will definitely teach myself about networking (Know some basics) and encryption asap.

also I've decided to learn python and was wondering if this is a good tut to follow? http://docs.python.org/tutorial/

#4 5imp7y

5imp7y

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 507 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:26 AM

i say learn .cpp and c. i started with q basic which was fun but verrryyy old. you want to write "hacks" for games like bf2 / bfbc2 you might need some knowledge in assembly, which is very hard and long winded.
other than programming,
i will have to /agree with tekio with everything. networking, encryption and test things. An expample:
Question: is facebook secure enough for me to use safly?
test: make yourself a testing account without your info and test it for a flaw.
Depending on what you find you may or may not want a FB.

hacking helping you make the right choice everyday!!

#5 CYB3R_THR34T

CYB3R_THR34T

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:08 AM

Python is simple to learn and allows you to pick up on the advanced concepts of programming that you will need with any language. That tutorial is the one I used to learn, and it helped me alot. If you decide to go that route, post any questions about python on the programming board and some helpful members will attempt to help you out. Oh, almost forgot, Welcome the to board.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!