2 replies to this topic

#1 coding_monkey

coding_monkey

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:30 AM

Hello,

So I noticed a recurring pattern on a website I occasionally frequent, lets just summarise it thus:

1 encourage perverts to click link
2 perverts fill our survey
3 ???
4 Profit.

So I looked at one of these more reputable (if they can be called that) survey sites, to see what you can get for refering someone to fill out a survey and so far I worked out that you'd be earning roughly like $5 an hour, for spending your time in a mind-numbing way.

Do people seriously get rich pulling crap like this, and if so, how? :unsure:

Just curious...

#2 Swerve

Swerve

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:36 AM

Think it's called ewhoring, pretending to be a sexy female and getting the gullible loners to fill out CPA offers to see the 'goods'.

I've never done it, but I have a couple of spare facebook accounts I use for collecting game loot, they are female accounts and every day they receive messages from guys trying to get laid. It amazes me how easy they fall for it, it's clear they are nothing but accounts made for nothing but gaming.

I would check out fiverr, there are people there who will sign up for your CPA offers, just make sure the CPA pays more then the $5 you have to pay to the fiverr service provider.

I think success in this all comes down to scale though.

:)

#3 coding_monkey

coding_monkey

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:01 AM

Yes, I think there's a fine line between generating incentive and fraud. I suspect that most of what goes on regarding trying to con horny guys into signing up for a service they're most likely not interested in and won't pursue once they're done receiving the 'prize at the end' could be considered fraud? I mean, if you look at it from the sponsors point of view.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!