5 replies to this topic

#1 navaneeth

navaneeth

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:03 AM

Friends,
I don't like to leave my footprints, werever I go, and same way, i don't want to leave my IP, whichever site i visit, for anyone to see.

I am a regular Internet user and so i dont want any measures that would slow my Surfing down(It seally gets on my nerves when my PC is running slow). So i found myself a solution:
HTTP Proxy
I found with experiance that HTTP Proxies are very unstable and can go down any time. Never mind that, can you tell me a good(Stable) HTTP Proxy that you use?

Are there any (Free) alternatives?

Please mind my bad English...

#2 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:59 AM

The reason these proxies go down so quick is because most anon public proxies are configured incorrectly. After someone discovers it, then posts it in forums or a blog, a lot of people use them. After a while admin notices the system is using more bandwidth than normal, or gets notified of attempted security breaches. He will soon discover what is going on, configure it correctly, and run the service on a different port or a totally different box.

Really, if financially viable use a paid VPN. They're anonymous enough for legitimate use, are quite cheap, encrypted, and offer far superior performance. If not use TOR. Really, a public proxy is more intrusive than your internet connection. I mean an unknown third party has all your HTTP traffic passing through one of its servers. They can see everything.

#3 navaneeth

navaneeth

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:44 PM

So i have to leave public proxies, VPN is not possible and so what is TOR?
Will it slow me down?
How does it work, anyway?

Thankyou

#4 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:57 PM

Will it slow me down?

Thankyou

any proxy is going to slow you down because your traffic has to go from you to the proxy then to the server or website that you are trying to visit, and then the same thing in reverse...

TOR is like a proxy service which helps to make you anonymous while you use the internet...
it slows my connection when i use it... so i usually surf out in the open with out a proxy or TOR...

#5 navaneeth

navaneeth

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:24 AM

Will it slow me down?

Thankyou

any proxy is going to slow you down because your traffic has to go from you to the proxy then to the server or website that you are trying to visit, and then the same thing in reverse...

TOR is like a proxy service which helps to make you anonymous while you use the internet...
it slows my connection when i use it... so i usually surf out in the open with out a proxy or TOR...

But how do i use TOR?

#6 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:00 PM

Will it slow me down?

Thankyou

But how do i use TOR?

http://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-doc-web.html.en

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!