• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Doc Snow

Doc Snow

n00bie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:37 PM

Googles offering $20K to the first researcher to successfully exploit its browser @ this years Pwn2Own hacking contest. Aparently it's the biggest reward ever offered for this anual event.

Also the first ones to hack Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari will receive $15K and the machine running the browser they hacked. The prizes are $5,000 more than those given at the last Pwn2Own and three times more than the 2009 awards.

HPTippingPoint’s 5th annual Pwn2Own contest will be held March 9th-11th in Vancouver

Further reading:
http://www.computerw...ce=rss_security

Edited by Doc Snow, 04 February 2011 - 05:42 PM.

#2 army_of_one

army_of_one

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:42 AM

Googles offering $20K to the first researcher to successfully exploit its browser @ this years Pwn2Own hacking contest. Aparently it's the biggest reward ever offered for this anual event.

Also the first ones to hack Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari will receive $15K and the machine running the browser they hacked. The prizes are $5,000 more than those given at the last Pwn2Own and three times more than the 2009 awards.

HPTippingPoint’s 5th annual Pwn2Own contest will be held March 9th-11th in Vancouver

Further reading:
http://www.computerw...ce=rss_security

One company claimed to have a breach of Google's sandbox. They sell to government and military types. They had no intention of telling Google what the problem was. Assuming it was legit, I wonder if it still works. Google might have found it and corrected it. Either way, they probably made money off it with professional exploit kit + 0day combinations selling for up to a million a year over here. (source: an article on 0-day & infowar companies in the US)

#3 peanutedd

peanutedd

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:47 AM

would have loved to have a shot @ this, but unfortunately, im almost at the other side of the planet

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!