Photo
- - - - -

Help with a Communistic-security level school network?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheGreatFirewallofChina

TheGreatFirewallofChina

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:48 AM

Hi, I go to a small-town school in a backwater area, and they hand out school laptops to all of us students. I know nothing about hacking, and all I know is that my school's network security settings are absolutely ridiculous. They block everything from Yahoo to Wikipedia, and Google is classified as "Adult Search Engine". I'm not out to damage govt. property, I just want to be able to research my project topics for history on Wikipedia -_____________-
The program used is M86 Security, if that helps.
Your assistance is appreciated ^^

#2 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:06 PM

Hi, I go to a small-town school in a backwater area, and they hand out school laptops to all of us students. I know nothing about hacking, and all I know is that my school's network security settings are absolutely ridiculous. They block everything from Yahoo to Wikipedia, and Google is classified as "Adult Search Engine". I'm not out to damage govt. property, I just want to be able to research my project topics for history on Wikipedia -_____________-

you could try http://173.194.33.104/ for google
http://72.30.2.43/ for yahoo
http://208.80.152.2/ for wikipedia?

but, you should probably try to use a proxy server, or VPN

#3 Michaelfox

Michaelfox

n00bie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

if your laptops are running windows, run cmd. if cmd is taken down, open notepad and write:

start

hack.bat

then save it as cmd.bat. Open the bat file you just made and cmd should open up. now onto the actual part, the easiest. For example, if i wanted to access Yahoo, type in:

ping Yahoo.com

it will come up with the ip address of the site. in the address bar of your browser, type the ip address. it should get u there.

#4 TheGreatFirewallofChina

TheGreatFirewallofChina

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:24 PM

if your laptops are running windows, run cmd. if cmd is taken down, open notepad and write:

start

hack.bat

then save it as cmd.bat. Open the bat file you just made and cmd should open up. now onto the actual part, the easiest. For example, if i wanted to access Yahoo, type in:

ping Yahoo.com

it will come up with the ip address of the site. in the address bar of your browser, type the ip address. it should get u there.

Thanks a lot, but the webpage comes up to an "Error" and says that it can't load the page. My web filter does that to any webpages not recognized on its blacklist or whitelist.

#5 Trikk

Trikk

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:33 AM

If it has a whitelist, and will only access the websites in that whitelist, there is nothing you can really do =/

If all else fails, their phone number on their website is listed as 877.369.8686. Call them, tell them you picked one of these guys up, and tell them you are facing some sort of issue with the unit.

Just ask them a ton of questions, eventually you can get enough info to circumvent the product I'm sure.

EDIT: They are laptops.. do you guys get to take them home? This is very important.

Edited by Trikk, 03 February 2011 - 07:34 AM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!