• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 army_of_one

army_of_one

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:49 PM

Some folks got arrested for allegedly using twitter during the G20 protests this past year. There's some good info about the raid at https://friendsoftor...wordpress.com/.

These raids absolutely do still happen. Also, the guy who allegedly hacked Palin's email account had his house raided. The FBI is also doing raids in response to Anonymous's "Operation Payback".

The government just isn't focused on the petty hackers much right now. Homeland security, political shit and the like are their main focus. The big new scare is cyberwar. Evidence that we discussed at Schneier's blog indicated US and Israel made the threat real by making Stuxnet and slamming Iran's enrichment plants. It was totally brilliant, but payback will be a bitch. The government still raids the guilty and the innocent. Comments on Schneier's "Recording the Police" blog post got plenty of details on that. Here's one example of police corruption that was filmed and resulted in a retaliatory raid.

Motorcyclist Jailed 26 Hours for Videotaping Gun-Wielding Cop
http://www.pixiq.com...ng-cop-with-gun

NOTE: People wanting serious discussions on security can feel free to join us at Schneier's blog. I post under Nick P there.

#22 phaedrus

phaedrus

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:08 PM

Theyre arresting people under the anonymous banner to try and make a big noise about it. Its not like theyve got huge amounts of people, but lots of people are running scared. I think they've pretty much achieved their PR aims to put skiddies off loic, which is what all that crap was about.
The people left worrying should calm down and realize that in the jungle you dont have to be able to outrun a lion, only run faster than the slower members. Its clear now to the masses that running loic is a bad move, which can only be a good thing in improving their education level about these things.

Schneier... meh... I'm always confused about him now. Didn't he take some job at our old friends BT? Where he makes outlandish statements which are completely at odds to their corporate bullshit stances. I wonder how many times a month he gets a shitty email trying to rein his blog in :)

#23 army_of_one

army_of_one

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:09 AM

Schneier... meh... I'm always confused about him now. Didn't he take some job at our old friends BT? Where he makes outlandish statements which are completely at odds to their corporate bullshit stances. I wonder how many times a month he gets a shitty email trying to rein his blog in :)

Yeah, lol. When I heard he joined BT, I was thinking: "How long will he have his job or us an insightful blog?" Well, it seems they give him a free-reign because his brand and theirs are so different. Not to mention, they like bragging that they have him on board as their security guru. I think it's probably some bs like that. I don't always agree with Bruce, even blasting him on occasion. The main thing I like about that blog is the community that comments. There's plenty of bright security engineers and insiders who routinely comment and shed lots of light on a lot of things most security guys never even think about. Recently, RobertT and I have been discussing how easy it is to alter a spec for a System on a Chip without either the designer or the fab knowing. This is due to the fact that there are only like 3 main fabs for mobile phone chips (really, just THREE for most chips), they have shitty security for these things, and the new production processes make analysis with an optical telescope nearly impossible, improving odds of inserting backdoors via MITM attacks. It's quite scary what some of these people know. Scarier that they can scare even me. :o

There are also the occasional commenter who is either a troll or a dumbass who earned his credentials at a diploma mill. Hard to tell with some of them... lol

#24 5imp7y

5imp7y

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 507 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:16 PM

Never had my door kicked open but when i was in my senior year in high school i decided to do that old prank...
start iexplore http://www.google.com/
but times a million!

I thought it would be funny and i changed the icon to the explorer icon and then hid the extension and put it on the student account which atleast half the school used. Needless to say 2 hours later i was in a history class and the computer went down...

They found me at the bus... I was in trouble...

Best prank eva!

#25 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:58 AM

Hello
I know a story but

I can not tell you because

i am
>>> beitcertified .

wow i am so glad that you contributed that bit of information to the forms...

if you have nothing to add to the conversation why did you reply to the thread?

edit... perhaps that was too harsh... statement retracted

Edited by nyphonejacks, 04 March 2011 - 04:47 PM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!