12 replies to this topic

#1 khoops66

khoops66

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:34 AM

Hey Guys,

Newbie to BinRev here and I like what I see on this site so far. I was hoping I could get a little help on a project I've been working on and can't seem to fully grasp myself.

The main goal is to be able to remotely access an Intercom system. I have an idea in mind of implementing a wireless handset that will bridge the phone line from the wall to the original handset that can access the PA system. However my main problem is being able to access that PA system from any run-of-the-mill wireless device. The phone that is used to access the PA now must dial 'Page #01*' to access it. My main question is, can this be done on any handset? If not what are your recommendations for this job.

Thank you,
Khoops66

#2 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:25 PM

Hey Guys,

Newbie to BinRev here and I like what I see on this site so far. I was hoping I could get a little help on a project I've been working on and can't seem to fully grasp myself.

The main goal is to be able to remotely access an Intercom system. I have an idea in mind of implementing a wireless handset that will bridge the phone line from the wall to the original handset that can access the PA system. However my main problem is being able to access that PA system from any run-of-the-mill wireless device. The phone that is used to access the PA now must dial 'Page #01*' to access it. My main question is, can this be done on any handset? If not what are your recommendations for this job.

Thank you,
Khoops66

some more info is needed... like what type of phone system this is - brand and model # i you can not get access to the phone closet, or find this information out in any other way, then you can get the model number of the phones, then try to figure out what phone systems are compatible with those phones... after that, then its on to reading the user manual for the system...

#3 khoops66

khoops66

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:51 AM

As far as I know it is a basic landline headset any school or business secretary might use. The brand is 'eOh' and when I searched for online manuals I could not find the exact manual. I can of course manually access the intercom right now, however the beauty of this hack would to be able to do it remotely. :)

thanks for the help,
Khoops66

Attached Files

#4 rbcp

rbcp

SUP3R 31337

• Moderating Team
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:59 PM

Is that a phone system at Target? I didn't think their phones could access the intercom at all. If I'm wrong, where is this at?

#5 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:55 PM

Is that a phone system at Target? I didn't think their phones could access the intercom at all. If I'm wrong, where is this at?

that phone looks obsolete and old as fuck... unless Famicoman knows anything about it (since he does an excellent IPTV show about obsoleet tech) then i do not know what to tell you...

i can not find any infoz on google about an eoh station, eoh phone, eoh pbx only thing that i have been able to find so far is some technology company named EOH that operates out of south africa, but do not see any legacy stuff on that site... since it ancient, and not avaya, lucent, panasonic, or any other major brand name i doubt that you will be able to find any manuals online...

so far it is not looking like you would be able to access the paging function outside of the system.. if i find anything different i will post..

#6 rbcp

rbcp

SUP3R 31337

• Moderating Team
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:11 PM

If the system allows him to attach normal phones to the extensions, he could attach a cordless phone and broadcast from their parking lot.

At Target and Walmart, the electronics department uses cordless phones. If you could buy that same brand of cordless phone handset, you could set it into their base unit to sync it up to their system, then go outside with it. Or maybe just put an earpiece on and walk around the store broadcasting. I've been wanting to try this at a Target so I can pick up their calls and talk to customers.

#7 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:46 PM

If the system allows him to attach normal phones to the extensions, he could attach a cordless phone and broadcast from their parking lot.

At Target and Walmart, the electronics department uses cordless phones. If you could buy that same brand of cordless phone handset, you could set it into their base unit to sync it up to their system, then go outside with it. Or maybe just put an earpiece on and walk around the store broadcasting. I've been wanting to try this at a Target so I can pick up their calls and talk to customers.

possible, but with out knowing more about the system it would take a lot of trial and error to even attempt this... even if a POTS phone can be configured as a station, does it need to be programmed in the system for that extension, and are there other means to access the additional features of the system that the proprietary set provides with its feature buttons..

#8 khoops66

khoops66

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:50 AM

I appreciate the help guys, I have had the same problems your describing. Searching google I've come across a few user manuals on different handsets, however nothing on eOh except that african company which I doubt is affiliated with making landline phones. This is an ancient device, which is why i just dont know what this 'Page' function actually means in regards to newer devices. Is there a way to do this feature on newer Phone phreaks or possibly a wireless beige that is just termed something else?

Edit* I remember accessing this system some time ago and after pressing the 'page' button then the extension you must press 'pulse' (located on bottom right) to end the transmission.

Edited by khoops66, 18 December 2010 - 04:59 AM.

#9 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:38 PM

The PBX set in the picture is probably some proprietary thingie as someone mentioned, but you can probably forward them to one of the analog extensions intended for customers if you'd like to relieve them of incoming calls. You know, the red 2554 set clones they have lying around?

Speaking of which, those phones seem to have privelages that change from one to the next. I was running around Target a few weeks ago picking up random extension phones, and about half allow access to the outside line(s). All of which don't actually store and forward digits, but listen as they're being passed onto the switch in a nice, security hole ridden fashion. Permission for the PA system might be a similar scenario. There's only one way to find out :) .

Keep in mind too, there's a chance the employees might be dialing something different than #01*. It might be worth your while to ask someone at a phone you can shoulder surf to page a customer for you.

EDIT: It's manufactured by eOn, not eOh.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker, 18 December 2010 - 10:41 PM.

#10 khoops66

khoops66

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:39 AM

I appreciate all the responses guys, however is there any knowledge you could pass on about the job i want to do? The main idea is to make a wireless phone share the same line as this one (hidden of course) and be able to access the intercom system.. FYI this isn't for Target ;) I can make a wireless device to access and share the same phone line, but how would i access the intercom? As far as I know most cheapy wireless phones dont have a 'page pulse' function on them?

#11 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:04 PM

with this amended information it appears that the website for the company is http://www.eoncc.com/ looks like they are still in business, but i still have not found any information for their legacy PBX equipment...

#12 khoops66

khoops66

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:26 PM

with this amended information it appears that the website for the company is http://www.eoncc.com/ looks like they are still in business, but i still have not found any information for their legacy PBX equipment...

I was also researching the eOn company website and only found newer devices listed as products, I had already assumed that this model would be discontinued but now I can not even find documentation of a model similar to this one. The problem of what these 'page pulse' functions do still remains. :(

#13 PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:37 AM

Is there some closet were all the wires run to? if you can find the master controller, sometimes you get lucky and find manuals crammed into a crack or slid behind the board.

Ya'd think these would be in the electrical room.. but oddly most of the time I see the PBX boards put up in the mechanical rooms... one good leak, and boom, the phones are out... go figure.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!