• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 THEXFILEZ

THEXFILEZ

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:33 AM

I have a lady that wants to sell me a laptop cheap, it is a hp dv6000, when I plugged it in it is asking for a bios password, so I called her and she said the password was "google" so I typed in google and got right in the bios and went to where the bios password was .and to do anything it ask you for the password, so I typed in google and for the new password and retype new password i left it blank. I exited and saved and when you start the laptop up it is still asking for a password.......thing is the password google does not work anymore.I have no clue how to delete this password. I have heard of unlock6.exe but as I have read it dont work with this laptop......HELP....need to clear out this password, thanks everyone, any help would be great.

p.s. after 3 attempts it does give me a eror message and a 5 digit number.

#2 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:55 AM

I'm pretty sure that 5 digit code is used to calculate the auto-generated password that is created by the system in certain circumstances. There are people that have reverse engineered the appz that calculate these codes to the master password. I don't want to provide a link to one, because it is impossible for me to tell if a certain person that does this is a fraud or not.

I once had an employee try to ruin about 5 company notebooks by locking the BIOS. I went to ebay and found a person with a good rep, who was offering to calculate the master passwd for $20.00, and it worked on all the laptops.

#3 THEXFILEZ

THEXFILEZ

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:42 AM

Yes, I have had that before as well, a guy that worked in our office had a bios password on the company laptop, and when he was let go there was no way to unlock it.
This laptop is legit, as I actually was in the bios using her password, but when I went to delete the password so there would not be one, something got messed up and now it still ask for a password and the password she gave me does not work now, cant figure that one out.

#4 phaedrus

phaedrus

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:00 PM

Is it legit? if so, ring hp and quote the number at them. They'll want some identifying information that I am sure you will make sure belongs to you and you won't be on a untraceable voip line or other badness. If the laptop isnt flagged stolen, chances are they can provide you with the master unlock with just a bit of social engineering.

Seriously, I managed to get microsoft to do this with a broken xbox I bought off ebay that had been parentally locked once I repaired the real fault. I just hope michael maws from Germany enjoys his live sessions.

#5 TheSHOW2005

TheSHOW2005

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:12 PM

i have a dv2000 bio locked 04355 ive had this computer for a while wdit was a family friend given to me because they couldnt remember it did nt cost me any thing but tried of it laying around, again the bios lock is 04355 any help would be valued.

#6 xllxjustinxllx

xllxjustinxllx

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:48 PM

i have a dv2000 bio locked 04355 ive had this computer for a while wdit was a family friend given to me because they couldnt remember it did nt cost me any thing but tried of it laying around, again the bios lock is 04355 any help would be valued.

Its a simple fix but requires some disassembly. Take apart the laptop and remove the cmos battery (tiny watch battery), leave it and the laptop battery out for about 24 hours. It works for me about 98% of the time. If at all possible connect the power button to the computer with the batteries still out. press the power button about 5 times to clear any remaining voltage from the caps.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!