4 replies to this topic

#1 tommy_eddy

tommy_eddy

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:02 PM

Hey guys

I am sixteen, spend way to much time on the computer and figure if I am going to I might as well do something usefull or atleast intresting.

So, I know...nothing, well I say nothing, next to nothing. I have used a few distros of linux, of course M$ as well and Its about time I learned to use a computer properly.

I have heard the wisper of mentors, read a very intresting; 'hackers manifesto'.

I also have a few questions to ask,

how long does it take to become proffient (i use the word libraly in my case...:p)
How good at maths do I need to be?
Where, who and what do I do/speak to/beg of/find to start learning?

Is it true! Really, Im not going to be flamed?! :o

regards

Tom

Edited by tommy_eddy, 09 December 2010 - 03:03 PM.

#2 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:32 PM

1) it depends on the person. Probably a year to learn the fundamentals of programming, networking, and computing in general.

2) Math skills will always help in most everything. It depends on what you want to learn. A lot of programming languages now have libraries that lessen the need to design complex algorithms. However, the more advanced you want to get into programming, the more math skills are needed.

3) www.google.com

#3 Zee5han

Zee5han

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:48 PM

First Question...

It depends on how much free time you have... And also how dedicated you are to learning about programming and how computers work...

It also depends on how fast you are able to pick up stuff... And also how well you apply it into what you do...

Second Question...

To be a programmer you don't really need to be good at math... Seriously... At least the basics and stuff...

The fact that you need to be a math whiz to be a programmer is pretty much a stereo type in my view...

Third Question...

You can start with python for programming... Just Google it...

<-------------->

Cheers,
Zee5han

#4 Michaelfox

Michaelfox

n00bie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:28 PM

This is coming from a guy who has been hacking for 2 months but a guy who has been programming for 2 years. If you are really that dedicated, just get yourself a C or C++ programming book at the library or read forums online. Learning the basics of programming could really help you with hacking. No, you do not need to be good at Math(s) to be a programmer or hacker, although the ability to learn quickly does help.

thanks

good luck

i hope i helped

#5 DaCh

DaCh

elite

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:26 PM

what i know of, math is good abiltys to have,

an programmering indeed help.
else you would need to sitting trying to understan some code that you don't know.
or at lest scriptkidding, which everyone with at litte reading can do.

but again, im no hacker, this is just what i know, an this is just my point of view.

im sry for my bad spelling.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!