3 replies to this topic

#1 InsaneLilo

InsaneLilo

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:50 PM

Dear Sirs,

I am an 18 year old high school student. I have Novell Client 4.91 SP5 installed on my school laptop.

I would need few files from my teacher's personal account on the school's network HDD (drive letter: H) for studying purposes. However in order to be able access the files from my student account, I suppose I need to somehow gain administrator privileges to Novell Client. I'm not sure though. Another alternative would be to somehow acquire access to my teacher's login details.
Note: My intention is absolutely not to abuse the system in any way! I need those files for nothing else than studying purposes.

Since you are way more competent than me within networking and computer related issues, I decided to ask you guys.

I can give full access to my computer through TeamViewer. The laptop is rented by me and I'm the only user.
I will of course stand for for all fees this project will involve!

I'd become eternally grateful to the one who could help me out!

With kindest regards from Sweden

Edited by InsaneLilo, 05 December 2010 - 05:52 AM.

#2 InsaneLilo

InsaneLilo

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:51 AM

I'm so sorry for the repost! My Internet connection lagged.

Edited by InsaneLilo, 05 December 2010 - 05:52 AM.

#3 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:58 PM

Dear Sirs,

I am an 18 year old high school student. I have Novell Client 4.91 SP5 installed on my school laptop.

I would need few files from my teacher's personal account on the school's network HDD (drive letter: H) for studying purposes. However in order to be able access the files from my student account, I suppose I need to somehow gain administrator privileges to Novell Client. I'm not sure though. Another alternative would be to somehow acquire access to my teacher's login details.
Note: My intention is absolutely not to abuse the system in any way! I need those files for nothing else than studying purposes.

Since you are way more competent than me within networking and computer related issues, I decided to ask you guys.

I can give full access to my computer through TeamViewer. The laptop is rented by me and I'm the only user.
I will of course stand for for all fees this project will involve!

I'd become eternally grateful to the one who could help me out!

With kindest regards from Sweden

is the teachers drive shared on the network? and do you have privileges to access the files in the drive? if they are files that you should have access to just ask... i do not think that it would be a good idea to attempt to gain unauthorized access to a system in your school...

#4 systems_glitch

systems_glitch

Dangerous free thinker

• Moderating Team
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:32 PM

Yeah, even if your intentions are good, in my experience schools take any opportunity to come down on students who break security restrictions, even if the security is really weak to start with. I remember getting in serious trouble in high school for using winpopup to send messages back and forth with my friends at school...any sort of accessing teachers' documents, even if it was something a student should have been able to access, would have resulted in suspension or expulsion for cheating.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!