• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TroLoco

TroLoco

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:42 AM

If a person is on a network with a lot of computers, how would he proceed with limited access to shut down other computers on the network without receiving the error "Access is denied."?

#2 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:26 PM

I think, with windows, to shutdown a remote system you must first establish a session with the computer:

net use <nbt name>\IPC$ /user:<admin account> <password>

There are also tools that will establish a backdoor to issue shell commands, like sysinternals PsTools. But it falls back to the fact you'll need admin access to install the tools.

If not it would be possible to shutdown any windows host at will, remotely. Not a good thing, at all.

#3 Lord Wud

Lord Wud

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:55 PM

I think, with windows, to shutdown a remote system you must first establish a session with the computer:

net use <nbt name>\IPC$ /user:<admin account> <password>

There are also tools that will establish a backdoor to issue shell commands, like sysinternals PsTools. But it falls back to the fact you'll need admin access to install the tools.

If not it would be possible to shutdown any windows host at will, remotely. Not a good thing, at all.

...you could see if there are networked UPSes. Alot of times people don't change the password, or SNMP RW strings for appliances. It really depends if you're an admin shutting these boxes down to save power/other admin work. Or if you're just some kid trying to be a jerk.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!