Thanks for that ThoughtPhreaker!
$5.05 for one minute. Who would (could?) actually pay that is beyond me.
LOL! And the telcos wonder why no one uses payphones any longer...
Just fyi, the phone will call a different reporting number depending on what company owns it
This could be true but I'm not sure just yet... Personally I'm thinking that since Quortech owns all of the management equipment and they licence everything out, there's only one main number that can be reached from everywhere.
I think it's both or either the phone number or the serial number which tells Quortech where the phone is/which telco it belongs to.. during the Install process the set wants to know its telephone number and a serial number.... so perhaps when MM receives a call from phone 311 555 2368 and serial 12345678 it'll look it up and say 'oh that's Bob's Telco in Punxsutawney PA' we'll load profile xyz for it'... and so on... I could be completely wrong but that's my thought...
Anyways, just as an aside..... from what I've noticed about the way the Install procedure works, the MM will load the following into each set:
2) Company Banner (which can be displayed or not)
3) Which language is displayed by default (English/Spanish/French)
4) A list of numbers which can be dialled at no cost
5) A list of local numbers and the local cost.
6) A list of numbers to be programmed into any speed dial buttons
7) A schedule of when to dial in to report CDRs
8) A list of numbers which can be dialled out during a power failure (this programs that extra Elcotel board)
9) Whether its modem is to answer any incomings calls or not, if the line accepts incoming calls in the first place.
10) A validation string to verify any calling card(s) - this is simply to say that the card is valid/acceptable, the actual approval/processing takes place server side.
11) A list of allowable Craft access numbers.
12) A list of allowable Install/Coin Collection/etc. PINs for techs to use.
I think that's about it...
Ok - now to figure out this serial number business....
Edited by armeniki, 04 March 2011 - 02:17 AM.