• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 01:45 PM

While checking out with a PDA from DELL today, I was faced with this question at the bottom of my checkout page.

Export Intent:

X - I WILL NOT export this order outside the United States.
X - I WILL export this order outside the United States.

The export of any product and software purchased from Dell must be made in accordance with all relevant laws of the United States, including and without limitation, the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. This may require that you obtain a formal export license or make certain declarations to the United States Government regarding product(s) to be exported, their destination or their end-use.  

:flameon: I DON"T SEE WHERE IT IS ANY OF DELLS BUSINESS WHAT I DO WITH THE FUKKING PRODUCT THAT I PURCHASE!!! Maybe I wanna shove it up my cats ass and then mail him to Zimbabwe!!!! WTF do they care?

:yoink:

#2 dual

dual

BinRev veteran

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 07:01 PM

The only thing I can think of is the exportation of encryption technology. But a PDA...

You can't delete posts?

#3 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 10:03 PM

Yeah I would not have been surprised for encryption. It was fukking Windows CE PDA!!!

And I deleted the duplicate post. I thought you could delete you r OWN posts, but I went ahead and did it. There is no button next to edit for you to delete?

#4 Bi0s

Bi0s

Gibson Hacker

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 10:38 AM

It's the US gov. that cares. I remeber when ordering my laptop, i had to choose wether or not it would be travling abroad with me. They want to know where this technology is going and who has it.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!