3 replies to this topic

#1 JmanA9

JmanA9

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:23 PM

http://www.dslreport...orum/r25109254-

Sure I know what a redbox is, what'd ya think it was?

#2 binjinx

binjinx

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:24 PM

too bad blockbuster didn't label theirs bluebox would of been a nice combo

#3 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:12 AM

It sorta makes you wonder if they use a modem to phone home - Coinstar does. Reverse engineering a modem transaction isn't exactly what you think of when you talk about red boxing, but at least it (probably) manages to keep it phreaky.

#4 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:15 PM

It sorta makes you wonder if they use a modem to phone home - Coinstar does. Reverse engineering a modem transaction isn't exactly what you think of when you talk about red boxing, but at least it (probably) manages to keep it phreaky.

their was some sort of exploit going around about getting the coinstar to not take any commission a while back... i never tried it, but supposedly you chose to get an amazon card or something like that, and unplug the phone line, so that it can not log into the server and give you the amazon gift card - then supposedly it would give you a reciept to redeem the exact amount that you put into the machine, and not deduct the commission... as i said, i never tried this, and it was a while ago when i read about this exploit so i am not too sure the accuracy of this..

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!